Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Learning Materials

What's on your mind?

by nksoftball » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey all -

As many of you know already, I am a brand new head coach that is trying to learn EVERYTHING I can about the game of softball to increase my knowledge for a great season this year. I have spent hours searching the internet for all kinds of resources, etc. I have purchased a bunch of books and printed off a bunch of stuff on the internet.

I haven't really bought any DVD's because I can't see dropping $39.95 for a 30-60 minute instructional video. It's very expensive when you consider the amount of money that us coaches are making.

What resources would you suggest getting to increase my knowledge about the game, coaching, etc?

Thanks!
nksoftball

by Judd » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:40 pm

If you are looking for some info on catchers, check out catching coaches video. http://www.catchingcamp.com I know you arent thrilled about spending money but this video was really good. 2.5 hours showing different catching positions, fielding, drills etc. It is a coach to coach format, so its layed to teach YOU how to teach YOUR players.
Judd

by wadeintothem » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Go and watch some A club practices and take a look at their drills and incorporate them into your practices. Talk to those catches and get pointers on the basics. Learn some star drills and methods of teaching batting, base running, and fielding. Bow and Arrows and Crow Hops and Pyramid and Squish the bug and all that good stuff... It's a start anyway.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Return to Fastpitch Discussions