Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

PSSG CASH MONEY TOURNAMENT

What's on your mind?

by anonlooker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:45 pm

wadeintothem wrote:
I for one am glad to see you concerned.. I started to think this was a pretty shady thing going on. Good job.

Ditto. Perhaps this isn't yet the end of the world as we know it.

And maybe instead of charging $500 per team, you could charge 400-450, which seems more in line with the norm, and might enable more teams to participate in the first place (which would hopefully be the point anyway).

Trophies, plaques, and berths to bigger tournaments seem more appropriate for kids at this age level (12-14u). My DD long ago cleared away her 'participation' trophies, but still has a tremendous sense of accomplishment in displaying the 'awards' trophies from the sports she plays.

It will be a sad day if we start giving the kids $100 bills for winning a game.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Pure Stats » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:26 pm

In regards to some good insight by a lot of you, and we really thank the individuals that gave us legimate responses. It does appear that a cash prize is in violations to the 2008 SoCal ASA Managers Yellow Book. Page 33 #20 (Thanks Intel & Randi). We have been doing our due deligence today with calls out to the right people.

We would also like to clarify as to why we were offering a cash prize for the winning teams in each division. As we have been developing our business we have been in contact with alot of teams and have talked with alot of coaches. The same topic of team expenses was brought up in every conversation. We wanted to provide an avenue for some teams to gain some additional revenue for their team travels. It was never directed towards the players, it was to help the teams, just as a poker tournament, a car wash or a golf tournament would do.

PSSG intentions were to never jeapordize a team, a player or a manager from offering this type of prize package. Our goal is to give back more than a metal, trophy or a shirt.

We are sorry for the uproar this has caused, and we really thank the ones that have been in support of PSSG.

We will keep everyone posted as to our developments and to the prize package for this event.

Thanks again PSSG
Pure Stats

by Cookie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:30 pm

If cash is a no no what about a check :lol:
I'm not driving....
Cookie

by Randi Jo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:48 pm

Pure Stats - Glad to hear you're working on a solution... and we have that date open for your tournament.

Personally, I'm hoping those gift cards to hotels, airlines, etc. are acceptable...But as far as the girls are concerned, I'm sure they would prefer a little love after their hard work say a Forever21, Hollister, or a manicure & pedicure at Happy Nails.
Randi Jo

by tugaol » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:12 am

maybe a loop hole??? Have PSSG provide a "sponsorship" to the winning team. Every Travel Team I know is continually looking for sponsors.... Just sponsor the team!!!!
tugaol

by Intel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:10 am

What we are forgetting is the definition of a sponsorship or donation cannot be tied to how well you place at an event. Let's not take the amturesim out of JO.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pure Stats » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:02 pm

PSSG would like to thank everyone for their insight in regards to our Cash Money Tournament.
It has prompted us to get in contact with the appropriate people to verify our prize package that we have offered is legitimate.

We are exicted to announce that we have been given permission by ASA to proceed with this tournament and this prize package. We have spoken to State Commissioner Phil Gutierrez to verify that we are able to present a cash prize to the winning teams. He has stated the following:
1. All money that will be awarded to 1st place and 2nd place will be awarded in a form of a Team Check from PSSG.
2. Money will not be dispersed to any coach or player. This is strictly a team donation.
3. No team, coach or player will be in jeapordy of violating any ASA rules by participating in this tournament.

PSSG will be given written documentation from ASA to their approval on this topic. Furthermore Mike Schuck (JO Comissioner) will be informing all coaches that this tournament has been approved by ASA.

We look forward to having you participate in our tournament. Visit our website at http://www.purestatssportsgroup.com to register your team.

Thank you again for your support,

PSSG
Pure Stats

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions