Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Problems with LXT Plus bat?

What's on your mind?

by Seypea » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:25 am

Our team has like 6 girls with the 2016 lxt plus bat. Had one of those know it all umps come into our dugout at friendly this wknd and give us a warning. Said we shld send all our bats back cause last wknd in HS tourney they threw out 29 of the bats cause the barrel gets loose. He grabbed top half of bat and lower barrel and twisted where rubber ring is. If it moves a little which most do he said he would throw out. Of 6 bats 5 would move a little. Anyone have this issue? He said during a tourney all the blues r now checking and targeting the lxt. Blues normally feel barrel and shake for rattle they dont twist barrel. Just checking if anyone else has had issues with blues and lxt plus.
Seypea
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Seypea » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 am

Also, my older daughter highscool team has 3 not one has had an issue or been inspected in such a manner.
Seypea
Premium Member
Premium Member

by catcherzrule » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:28 am

Seypea,

Yes...my DD had her Xeno (same co.) thrown out this week for the same issue. She brought it home and the barrel was loose. Sent it back.
catcherzrule

by Hitman44 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 am

Problem with my DD's 3 mos. old LXT Plus this weekend. Umpire did not want to allow any LXT plus bat and said they are specifically looking for LXT Plus bats during inspections.

I contacted LS warranty center because the barrel on her LXT plus bat moves slightly when twisted. They told me the movement on barrel of bat is normal??????? as well as the cracked bat sound, and therefore LS would not honor replacing it because it is a 'used bat'. In my opinion, pretty sad LS will not stand behind defective product.
Hitman44
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Seypea » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 am

with the number of lxt bats out there now, you think this would be a bigger issue or is this just a recent thing? that a crap load of $'s........
Seypea
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CatcherDad99 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:02 pm

I bought my DD an LXT last year. It was pulled from half her games. The join is wobbly. We went back to Easton. LS bats have great pop but they have to fix these issues before I go back to them.
CatcherDad99
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:17 pm

This has been an on again off again with two piece bats for 10 years. Easton Connexion had this same problem.

To me the bat companies do a good job of testing the bat when held by the handle and striking a ball. The primary usage pattern. What they do not test is when held by the barrel and struck on a bench. Or when stored in a bat bag and you get a lot of bending torgue on the handle. That seems to be when these joints fail/weaken.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GURULE18 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 pm

One of my daughters play high school ball and the blue told her she.couldn't use her LXT. I wasn't there so she just used her demarini. But all week I've been wondering what the heck!!! That sucks if there's issues with these bats because they do have some good pop!!!
GURULE18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Seypea » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:07 am

GURULE18 wrote:One of my daughters play high school ball and the blue told her she.couldn't use her LXT. I wasn't there so she just used her demarini. But all week I've been wondering what the heck!!! That sucks if there's issues with these bats because they do have some good pop!!!

was there movement in the barrel, or did the blue just not let her? luckily my two daughter that have it (2 months old/bat), there isn't any movment yet. my question is, if there was, and I called warranty - 1) would they accept and send me a new one, 2) chances are it would happen again in time, how many warranty replacements would they allow? Just hard to swallow throwing that amount of money down the drain.
Seypea
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GIMNEPIWO » Wed May 04, 2016 5:20 am

My HS team has 4 new LXT's this year and 4 new ones last year and have seen no issue ... But if the bat loosens at the connection within the warranty period from normal usage, get an RA # and send it back ... It's an LS, not a DeMayhoseyou for heavens sake. ;)
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions