Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

FLOSOFTBALL HOT 100

What's on your mind?

by exD1dad » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:46 pm

I read today that last year the NCAA added a question to it's yearly athletes survey & it brought out issues of too much time playing only 1 sport, injuries created by this sport (sing it out sam, sing it out loud :D ) & there parent's influence (too much) & their parents beliefs that they were already Pro (when in fact they themselves know they aren't even close) & embarrassing behavior.

Lists like this feed parents distorted egos, but every social media & most of the "online magazines" have these silly list for even stupider things than who's hot based upon "some" travel & college coaches. Impossible to truly have a list that matters because no one has seen all the players.

Perhaps if we see these list in the same vein as "25 Celebrities that got fat" it'd be different, like a silly poll for some candidate who should've packed it in a month ago but needs to spend the super Pac money first
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dixie14 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:15 pm

I think any of us that have spent time at the ballpark on weekends we know there are differences of opinions for the rankings of players on the 2019 FloSoftball Top 100 List. Sure there are politics and untruths. I say let's watch the season and let everyone see how the players look through the summer some will show their worthiness. Good luck too all!
Dixie14

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:33 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Who doesn't care about rankings? Everyone cares if they say they don't they are lying, know they don't have a chance at them or they simply don't know it's out there.

Nope, nope and nope. It doesn't surprise me that you think that, though. You would have to be one of the 10% of parents on most teams to understand. You've seen them - they typically watch from the outfield and make jokes and sarcastic comments about their precious ego-boosters, I mean DDs.

Oh To Be TBJ Squirrel (Every Parent's Lament)
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Who doesn't care about rankings? Everyone cares if they say they don't they are lying, know they don't have a chance at them or they simply don't know it's out there.

/quote]

Nope, nope and nope. It doesn't surprise me that you think that, though. You would have to be one of the 10% of parents on most teams to understand. You've seen them - they typically watch from the outfield and make jokes and sarcastic comments about their precious ego-boosters, I mean DDs.

Man Squirrel... Talk about a grenade tossed my way. I actually know those types of parents. Sadly I'm not one of them. I've heard those very same parents talk smack about my DD. They are the haters... That's all... Kind of like you are!

I'm giving the opinion of most people out there won't say aloud. I'm the silent majority and you all hate it.

Though I do agree with Dixies post. End of the day as I've always said its about the DD's.

Still stand firm on all my views in Hot 100...
tbjd33

by Blind Squirrel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:02 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Blind Squirrel wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:

/quote]

Man Squirrel... Talk about a grenade tossed my way. I actually know those types of parents. Sadly I'm not one of them. I've heard those very same parents talk smack about my DD. They are the haters... That's all... Kind of like you are!

I'm giving the opinion of most people out there won't say aloud. I'm the silent majority and you all hate it.

Though I do agree with Dixies post. End of the day as I've always said its about the DD's.

Still stand firm on all my views in Hot 100...

Yeah, you got me. Anyone who knew me when my kid was playing knows how inclined I was to hate, at least on children and young women. Parents? That's a nut of a different genus.

John Pappas
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:03 pm

eclipse09 wrote:Any chance we can get a HeyBucket member hot 100?

That's a good one! I hope to make the "Next 20,000 Up" list if I improve my spelling. :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:23 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:

That's a good one! I hope to make the "Next 20,000 Up" list if I improve my spelling. :lol:

Forget spelling. You can make the top ten if you know how to use "to, too, two" & "there, they're, their"
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by UmpSteve » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

Forget spelling. You can make the top ten if you know how to use "to, too, two" & "there, they're, their"

Also frustrating, but I vote top 5 if you're not looking for a "birth".
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 pm

UmpSteve wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:

Also frustrating, but I vote top 5 if you're not looking for a "birth".

Agree! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also anyone who uses ALL CAPS or tons of exclamation points doesn't touch the top 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:04 am

Spazsdad wrote:
tbj33 wrote:I'm giving the opinion of most people out there won't say aloud. I'm the silent majority and you all hate it.

Man you are full of yourself. Nice of you to speak up for "most people". Sadly you probably really believe most others think like you.

Just wait when 2020/2021 group gets going. You'll see!
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions