Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

When do you start contacting coaches?

What's on your mind?

by Storm_Chaser » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:37 am

When is a good time to start contacting coaches? And what do you usually send them?

Thanks in advance.
Storm_Chaser

by jofus » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:48 am

You can start in 9th grade, and some say you should, but that may be a little early IMHO....but, it seems to be heading that way.

Before someone else does, let me suggest this book (I haven't got it yet, my oldest is just in 7th)

http://www.fastpitchrecruiting.com/
Proud fastpitch, baseball, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc. Dad :)
jofus

by Cannonball » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:11 am

My dd is a freshman and we've already started. It depends upon your network. We've already selected summer camps this past summer to attend at schools we're interested in. The goal is to have them see my dd and follow her development. She already knows the coaching staff at 4 or 5 local universities. One key here is to always have your dd thank the coaches for their help in the clinic when the clinic is done. Also, our "network" involves a lot of college coaches I know. We've picked a few and send DVDs to these coaches I know and have asked them to pass those DVDs on to the softball staff. Of course, we know most will get thrown away but it only cost us a minimum amount. We also know some players at various schools at various levels. We've asked a couple of them to take a DVD to their coach. Our goal will continue to be selected summer camps but as a sophomore, we'll also pick a winter camp or two. We will also have her team play in some showcases. We will be prepared to supply any interested coaches with whatever they might request from those showcases. Well, thats a start.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:54 am

Cannonball wrote:My dd is a freshman and we've already started. It depends upon your network. We've already selected summer camps this past summer to attend at schools we're interested in. The goal is to have them see my dd and follow her development. She already knows the coaching staff at 4 or 5 local universities. One key here is to always have your dd thank the coaches for their help in the clinic when the clinic is done. Also, our "network" involves a lot of college coaches I know. We've picked a few and send DVDs to these coaches I know and have asked them to pass those DVDs on to the softball staff. Of course, we know most will get thrown away but it only cost us a minimum amount. We also know some players at various schools at various levels. We've asked a couple of them to take a DVD to their coach. Our goal will continue to be selected summer camps but as a sophomore, we'll also pick a winter camp or two. We will also have her team play in some showcases. We will be prepared to supply any interested coaches with whatever they might request from those showcases. Well, thats a start.

HOW CAN I CHOSE A GOOD TRAVELL TEAM FOR MY DD WHEN HS BALL IS OVER SHE IS A PITCHER
NO FEAR

by luckyone » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Check out this website
1-How to create your profile
2.how to create a skills video
3-how to get recruited.
Plus more. Check us out.

http://scoutmevideos.com/
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
luckyone

by jblabs » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:41 am

jofus wrote:You can start in 9th grade, and some say you should, but that may be a little early IMHO....but, it seems to be heading that way.

Granted boys hockey is not girls softball, but, my nephew just verballed with University of Michigan at the age of 15 and they had been looking at him since he was 13. They had 4 full rides to fill for his class, and they filled all but one as the kids turned 15. I don't know that they didn't fill the last spot soon after.

As interest in fastpitch grows the age they are "watching" girls is getting lower too.

I make "conversation" with every coach, at every camp, clinic, etc we attend, and I can say that now there are a couple that remember my DD, even though she is way too young for them to look at as a "prospect."

I realize that this is not the type of contact you are talking about, but its all part of the age they are looking at girls getting younger .
jblabs

Return to Fastpitch Discussions