Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

I can't make the call!!!

What's on your mind?

by wadeintothem » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:33 pm

jofus wrote:
wadeintothem wrote:So you dont ring someone up with the hand holding the mask, which looks lame. Out calls are made with the right hand. Your indicator and mask are always held in the left hand...

You're supposed to hold your indicator in your left hand, and then take your mask off with your left hand?

I hold mine in my right hand, which makes it natural for me to take my mask off with my left hand. Plus, I'm not coordinated enough to work it with my left hand very well anyway :)

yep thats wrong.. youre not supposed to hold an indicator with your right hand.. makes your hand all goofy for strike/out calls.

How do you even work an indicator with your right hand???

They are designed and built for the left hand.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by wadeintothem » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:36 pm

MTR wrote:
The runner determines their basepath. The baseline is determined when the runner is in danger of being tagged.....so what would you deem to be a basepath violation???? Care to quote an actual ASA rule?

Sure, "8.7.A" :mrgreen:

As previously stated, since we do not know the path, we really don't know if there was a baserunning violation. For as much as we know from the picture, the runner could have altered her route.

However, since I originally noted that there was no way to know, why do you even ask?

While we can not know for sure... we can safely surmise that it is very likely and even probable she was out. :geek:

:mrgreen:

Maybe everyone started hollerin and they think blue said "she missed the base".. what he really said was "she was out of the base path"

:twisted:

Good call blue.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions