What's on your mind?

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Sam wrote:No Fear,

Just hope you don't get any games here:

Coalville-Summit Co Fairgrounds
202 E. Park Road
Coalville, Utah

Driving Directions:
Take SR 224 (the main highway that runs from 1-80 to Park City) to I-80 to Kimball Junction. Go East on I-80 towards Cheyenne, Wyo. for approximately 16 miles. Take Coalville Exit #162 and exit to the right, following signs to the County Fairgrounds. At the stop sign take a left onto Main Street. Take a right on Center Street. Follow Center Street for about 1 mile thorough the stop sign. At sharp right bend in the road, ball fields are straight ahead in the County fairgrounds complex.

sam how bad are those fields
NO FEAR

by thatguy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 pm

How bad are those fields?????........well if you can find them that's a good start. Don't feed the big white dog, at least I thought it was a dog. Beware of red ants in the dugout and be sure you bring your own food and drinks. I vaguely recall a restroom. Oh yeah, don't take your gear in the dugout until after they water the fields. Other than that it's a fine facility.
thatguy

by watcher » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Sam wrote:No Fear,

Just hope you don't get any games here:

Coalville-Summit Co Fairgrounds
202 E. Park Road
Coalville, Utah

Driving Directions:
Take SR 224 (the main highway that runs from 1-80 to Park City) to I-80 to Kimball Junction. Go East on I-80 towards Cheyenne, Wyo. for approximately 16 miles. Take Coalville Exit #162 and exit to the right, following signs to the County Fairgrounds. At the stop sign take a left onto Main Street. Take a right on Center Street. Follow Center Street for about 1 mile thorough the stop sign. At sharp right bend in the road, ball fields are straight ahead in the County fairgrounds complex.

Sam, I have to say you made one of the worst coaching mistakes I have ever seen while in Park City, You got run @ one of the good parks & "Not" Coalville LOL

I actually had a great time in Coalville, An elderly lady from the hood walked down and watched the game with my wife & myself, She told us of the days she had played on this field, At one point she had tears in her eyes talking of "the good old days.
Sure the field is less than poor and the smell of the rodeo ground is less than attractive, It has been 4-5 years and I still remember the lady's name...Rose. :D
watcher

by Bruwinfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 pm

We played at Coalville two years ago....Nothing like it...thankfully. Rock hard ground (watching them "groom the field" was funny...I think the "top soil" was really dried ground up "Cow Pies" from a 4-H show held the previous week. Uck... One of our girls broke her ankle on that field too....taking her to the local doctor, I swore the shingle outside said the facility's doctor was a MD/Veterinarian!

The fields in town on the other hand are good, and they've just built some new ones as well. But be prepared that coming out of the loser's bracket or in the international bracket you could be playing games as far away as Salt Lake City!

Still, as Sam says, it does work for a family vacation....
Bruwinfan

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 pm

Bruwinfan wrote:We played at Coalville two years ago....Nothing like it...thankfully. Rock hard ground (watching them "groom the field" was funny...I think the "top soil" was really dried ground up "Cow Pies" from a 4-H show held the previous week. Uck... One of our girls broke her ankle on that field too....taking her to the local doctor, I swore the shingle outside said the facility's doctor was a MD/Veterinarian!

The fields in town on the other hand are good, and they've just built some new ones as well. But be prepared that coming out of the loser's bracket or in the international bracket you could be playing games as far away as Salt Lake City!

ok,ok are you try to scare me ? :o fist thank you for the advises i star laughing for the first coment from the good star. other then that we don't see this as a family vacation all my parent,players and coaches see this as a good experience for the teame we are mentaly prepare for the unexpected we are going to utah whit the sole purpose to bring the world series trophy to so cal. later when we come back we take a family vacation :mrgreen:
NO FEAR

by watcher » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:25 pm

NO FEAR wrote:
Bruwinfan wrote:We played at Coalville two years ago....Nothing like it...thankfully. Rock hard ground (watching them "groom the field" was funny...I think the "top soil" was really dried ground up "Cow Pies" from a 4-H show held the previous week. Uck... One of our girls broke her ankle on that field too....taking her to the local doctor, I swore the shingle outside said the facility's doctor was a MD/Veterinarian!

ok,ok are you try to scare me ? :o fist thank you for the advises i star laughing for the first coment from the good star. other then that we don't see this as a family vacation all my parent,players and coaches see this as a good experience for the teame we are mentaly prepare for the unexpected we are going to utah whit the sole purpose to bring the world series trophy to so cal. later when we come back we take a family vacation :mrgreen:

Ah, One more thing, Do not and I mean DO NOT eat @ the lil greasy spoon down on main street, DD asked for a glass of peach iced tea and the waitress looked at her like she was from a different universe and that was just the start of it. lol
watcher

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions