Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

ASA Ntls or Triple Crown

What's on your mind?

by ice_67 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:49 pm

First year 12U team. Been having a lot of success in So Cal. Qual for Triple Crown(TC), trying to figure out if we should go for ASA Ntls. I think we have a good shot of doing well at TC. But know that ASA is were you want to be. Is it better to have a shot at winning TC or being happy with competing at ASA Ntls?
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by Sam » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:22 am

Play in SoCal State, see how you do. At the very least, it qualifies you for ASA Western Nationals in Phoenix. Top 2 teams at ASA Western Nationals get berths to ASA Nationals the following season. TC is like paying $700 to play a SoCal friendly in Park City. The area is beautiful, the fields for 12U are, on a whole, horrendous.

If your team is serious about being competitive in ASA, play ASA. If your families want a vacation after the season is over, go to TC.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:54 am

FYI, 14u Western Nats. gave the 3rd place team a berth to Nats. this year.

Personally, that extra berth should have been given at Nationals, not Western!!!

Did this happen in any of the other age divisions?
Sftbll4ever

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Sam wrote:Play in SoCal State, see how you do. At the very least, it qualifies you for ASA Western Nationals in Phoenix. Top 2 teams at ASA Western Nationals get berths to ASA Nationals the following season. TC is like paying $700 to play a SoCal friendly in Park City. The area is beautiful, the fields for 12U are, on a whole, horrendous.

If your team is serious about being competitive in ASA, play ASA. If your families want a vacation after the season is over, go to TC.

HELLO SAM THE FIELD FOR TCS IN 12U ARE GOOD OR WHAT FIELD THEY USE TO PLAY ANY HELP
NO FEAR

by Sam » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 am

NO FEAR wrote:
Sam wrote:Play in SoCal State, see how you do. At the very least, it qualifies you for ASA Western Nationals in Phoenix. Top 2 teams at ASA Western Nationals get berths to ASA Nationals the following season. TC is like paying $700 to play a SoCal friendly in Park City. The area is beautiful, the fields for 12U are, on a whole, horrendous.

HELLO SAM THE FIELD FOR TCS IN 12U ARE GOOD OR WHAT FIELD THEY USE TO PLAY ANY HELP

The last year we went, at 12U, we played in a converted rodeo arena....25 miles from Park City...with no facilities.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 am

Sam wrote:Play in SoCal State, see how you do. At the very least, it qualifies you for ASA Western Nationals in Phoenix. Top 2 teams at ASA Western Nationals get berths to ASA Nationals the following season.

good advice Sam.

ice, you describe our situation last year.
1st year 12 team, only two kids with travel experience. We did better than we expected as the season went on. In January of 07, we were thrilled when we got our triple crown berth, and thought that was our destination. Then we did well at socal states, and got a regional berth. We realized we would be selling ourselves short by not trying to get an ASA berth. We also decided to go to Western Nationals if we didn't get an ASA berth because of the berths they give to the two top teams there for the following year.
We got the ASA berth at regionals, went to nationals and came in 17th.
Great experience for everyone, and I was proud of how we competed with the top teams.
I have never been to triple crown, but I hear it's beautiful there and alot of fun for the girls.
Good luck in whatever decision you make.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Demonboy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am

What Sam said.
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by ice_67 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:48 pm

I appreciate the comments. We've given up on real vacations now that DD is in travel. :D

Playing softball in a rodeo arena, that sounds interesting. You might be right about don't sell yourself short.

On to Alabama......Oops got to qualify first
"[b] Let no player say, if only i had tried harder"
ice_67

by NO FEAR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:27 pm

artomatic wrote:
Sam wrote:Play in SoCal State, see how you do. At the very least, it qualifies you for ASA Western Nationals in Phoenix. Top 2 teams at ASA Western Nationals get berths to ASA Nationals the following season.

good advice Sam.

ice, you describe our situation last year.
1st year 12 team, only two kids with travel experience. We did better than we expected as the season went on. In January of 07, we were thrilled when we got our triple crown berth, and thought that was our destination. Then we did well at socal states, and got a regional berth. We realized we would be selling ourselves short by not trying to get an ASA berth. We also decided to go to Western Nationals if we didn't get an ASA berth because of the berths they give to the two top teams there for the following year.
We got the ASA berth at regionals, went to nationals and came in 17th.
Great experience for everyone, and I was proud of how we competed with the top teams.
I have never been to triple crown, but I hear it's beautiful there and alot of fun for the girls.
Good luck in whatever decision you make.

same situacion for us 12 players on the team nobody have TB experience only 2 whit all star experience, we star playing on 6-07 against the 12u 94's those teams was gettin ready for asa national we qualify to TCS in 1-5-08 palm desert chalenge finilist 6-1 the sccore in the tournament All my girls get exited and really happy our team is getting strong as a first year 12u
we don't plan to go ASA this year and I hope we have a good experience in Utah
NO FEAR

by Sam » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 pm

No Fear,

Just hope you don't get any games here:

Coalville-Summit Co Fairgrounds
202 E. Park Road
Coalville, Utah

Driving Directions:
Take SR 224 (the main highway that runs from 1-80 to Park City) to I-80 to Kimball Junction. Go East on I-80 towards Cheyenne, Wyo. for approximately 16 miles. Take Coalville Exit #162 and exit to the right, following signs to the County Fairgrounds. At the stop sign take a left onto Main Street. Take a right on Center Street. Follow Center Street for about 1 mile thorough the stop sign. At sharp right bend in the road, ball fields are straight ahead in the County fairgrounds complex.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions