Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

True weight of DeMarini CF4?

What's on your mind?

by anonlooker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Does anyone know the true weight of a DeMarini CF4?
Would a 33-23 actually weigh 23 oz, or do they measure swing weight like Anderson?
Tbug, you probably now this... but anyone knowledgeable can chime in!
Thanks!
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by GIMNEPIWO » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:54 am

The real question is whether DeMarini knows the weight of the CF4, or if they even give a crap ... ( here I go again, Mr. Notsofreakiniceonthephone ) ... several years ago I purchased 2 DeMarini bats which should have been different weights and were not ... my resulting dissatisfaction and subsequent phone calls, coupled with the mailing of the bats (and their return to me un-replaced ) in question uncovered the 'DeMarini policy' that says that a bat being up to and including 1 full ounce different than the advertised weight is within acceptable tolerances *... so, in theory if you bought a 33/23 and a 33/21 they could actually both be a 33/22 and thats ok ... BUT, unless they changed in the last year or two DeMarini advertises un-true weight, not 'swing weight' .

* There was also a statement by Mr. Notsofreakiniceonthephone that " I'm not going to go out in the warehouse and weigh bats to see if there are any that are the right weight " :evil: ... but if you call to ask ... tell him I said Hi ... :lol:
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

Return to Fastpitch Discussions