Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

please read

What's on your mind?

by NumeroUno » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:39 pm

.On Monday, November 23rd, 2015, Heaven Harris, a 13-year-old Dixie Softball player from the Sylacauga, Alabama Dixie Softball program was involved in a terrible ATV accident in which she lost her right arm. Heaven was a tremendous right-handed pitcher, first baseman and hitter for her Ponytails X-play team. Her last game of the 2015 Dixie Softball season was in the Alabama State Tournament that was held in Enterprise. Heaven was the starting pitcher for her team. She, and the pitcher for the Montgomery American team, got tied up in a pitcher's dual. The game went into extra innings tied 0-0 with the Montgomery American team eventually winning. In fact, the Montgomery American team went on to win the Dixie Softball Ponytails X-play World Series championship.

Dixie Softball is asking for all the leagues to spread the word about Heaven and let's see how many good wishes/get well cards we can send Heaven. Cards can be sent to: Heaven Harris, 805 Country Club Road, Sylacauga, AL 35150.

Hopefully the cards will boost Heaven's spirit and will encourage her to work hard and come back and play softball. It can be done. The story of former Dixie Softball player, LeAnn Sanders Shelton, has been going around Dixie Softball here of late. LeAnn, as a Dixie Softball player, also had only one arm but she was able to become an all-star pitcher and outfielder dispite her so called "handicap". LeAnn was also an outstanding high school player.

Just this past September, at the Dixie Softball national board of directors meeting, it was decided that beginning in 2015 Dixie Softball will present an annual award to deserving receipients that will me called the "LeANN SANDERS SHELTON DIXIE SOFTBALL COURAGE AWARD". LeAnn was the first receipient of the award in 2015
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DonnieS » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:14 am

Incredible heart breaking story. Our prayers for her family.

Donnie
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by grrodgers70 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:14 am

Prayers going out to her and her family.
grrodgers70

by Pale Rider » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 am

Im not a coach anymore...kids in college, so Im not affiliated with any teams anymore where Im authorized to be a spokesmen...
But if someone is a collegiate coach or a has a team, HS or TB...with a neat logo...and can send her a letter on their teams letterhead etc..a get well soon thing.
I think it'd be a great thing to do...take 5 mins and a stamp...

Been in a position many times in my life that a simple note, showing someone cares was a great pick me up...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bart16761 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Wow that's so sad prayers to the family,
bart16761
Premium Member
Premium Member

by afastpitchfanatic » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm

How devastating. My heart aches for her and her family.
My DD and I will write her, thank you for sharing her address.
afastpitchfanatic

Return to Fastpitch Discussions