Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Parent agreement form?

What's on your mind?

by It's me! » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Is the parent agreement form a binding contract for the remainder of the season? A close friend of mine has a DD playing on a 12U team travel-team. The coach told the parents, “ that the form is a contract and DD’s must remain on the team for the remainder of the season.” The team is a first year travel and the parent would like to move to another team but is worried :cry: ….. From what I understood when I signed the form for my DD (on a different team), it’s not a binding contract. Only a legal formality from ASA and if parent / DD would like to be released the coach would need to release them. I tried to explain this but she is fearful that they’re stuck with the team….. Can anyone clarify the ASA parent agreement?

It's me!

by It's me! » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Sam who?? Are you aksing if I am Sam?
It's me!

by hotwheels » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 pm

It "Supposedly" is supposed to be a binding contract but it really isn't worth it's own weight!! If a player wants to be released and the coach won't release her then the parents can go to ASA and they will kindly "Force" the manager to release her. One of the hold ups for ASA can be the uniform so make sure you are prepared to give everything back if that is what the manager is asking!! The player may run into a snag if this isn't her first time requesting release from someone on bad terms.. If it is on bad terms.....If any one of my players wanted out I would release them. I don't know why any manager would force a player to remain on the team when they don't want to be there.....Only asking for problems!
hotwheels

by Rondog » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:06 pm

ASA does not look kindly on managers who try to deprive girls of the right to play. The contract only becomes binding 7 days after ASA receives it, so if it hasn't been long since they signed then an email to ASA will do the trick if it is within that period. Definitely return all your gear to the team immediately and ASA will back you up.
Rondog

by TulsaEliteGold » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:22 pm

There are also limits on how many moves a player can make in a year after officially rostered and also a deadline to move to still be eligible for Championship play (it's around May though). MOST, Honorable, Coaches will release any kid who wants to be released, but may require "ANY" Money owed (Dues, Uniforms etc) be paid or returned first.

With VTD (Virtual Tournament Director; http://www.fastpitchsoftball.net), which is an awesome tool that will eventually be used nationwide by all ASA teams, when a new team tries to roster her it sends an email to the existing coach asking them to release her.
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

Return to Fastpitch Discussions