Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The Top 2016 Bats Out There!

What's on your mind?

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Eric F wrote:Once you get to the top level bats from any of the major maufacturers, the performance differences between them are pretty minimal. What matters most is what feels the most comfortable in the hitter's hands.

There is absolutely something to be said for "it's not the arrow, it's the indian". However, giving the indian an arrow that inspires confidence is a good thing.

Totally agree with this. My DD hates the thin grip of the Demarini and very much prefers the feel of an Easton.

The college she attends (UNLV) was sponsored by Demarini last season but I don't know if that will be true this season.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Eric F » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Totally agree with this. My DD hates the thin grip of the Demarini and very much prefers the feel of an Easton.

The college she attends (UNLV) was sponsored by Demarini last season but I don't know if that will be true this season.

If she ends up with a Demarini with too small a grip again, there are ways to fix that issue. Lizard Skins has different thickness replacement grips. Or, you could peel off the original grip, wrap layers of tape on the grip area (cloth tape for hockey sticks works well, so does medical tape), and re-install the original grip.
Eric F
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:30 am

Eric F wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:Totally agree with this. My DD hates the thin grip of the Demarini and very much prefers the feel of an Easton.

If she ends up with a Demarini with too small a grip again, there are ways to fix that issue. Lizard Skins has different thickness replacement grips. Or, you could peel off the original grip, wrap layers of tape on the grip area (cloth tape for hockey sticks works well, so does medical tape), and re-install the original grip.

Thanks Eric, I may definitely talk to her about looking into that. She is all about what feels comfortable for her for sure. Take a look at my profile picture at the type of gloves she used the last couple years in HS and travel. I doubt you'll see many (if any) other players out there using those. :D

Edit: I just realized you probably can't see the gloves in the tiny profile pic so I'm adding a link to her YouTube page. Scroll up to see the larger pic.. Hopefully that helps. :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt0tC9 ... CUg/videos
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions