Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Question about Friendlies

What's on your mind?

by starbound » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:46 pm

What do you think about teams bringing in their own food at a friendly and not supporting the Host teams snack bar? If the snack bar has healthy to eat don't you think that you should try to support them?
starbound

by chatterbox » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm all for supporting snack bars at friendlies and my family does usually buy a few snacks during the day (thanks to our son), however; we choose to make sure my daughter eats as healthy as possible, since she is playing 3 games that day. I don't see healthy sandwiches, yogurt, string cheese, etc. in the snack bars. Sometimes we find fruit bowls and thats great! IMO I don't think hamburgers, hotdogs and nachos are game day meals.
chatterbox

by Skarp » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:04 am

starbound wrote:What do you think about teams bringing in their own food at a friendly and not supporting the Host teams snack bar? If the snack bar has healthy to eat don't you think that you should try to support them?

No. Why on earth should I feel obligated to support another team (essentially a bunch of strangers) financially? Don't get me wrong--I often buy food from other teams' snack bars, but only because it is convenient for me to do so. And I'm perfectly fine with them dinging me with a 500% mark-up to capitalize on the convenience they offer, but suggesting that I "should" spend my $$ other than how I want to is presumptuous and silly.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jblabs » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:35 am

Nope, I don't feel you should have to. No matter how much food we bring, we always buy something anyway though.

We played at a field last year that allowed NO coolers, or outside food. Can you imagine sitting at a field in 90 degree heat having to buy all your beverages from the snack stand.
jblabs

by NO FEAR » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 am

starbound wrote:What do you think about teams bringing in their own food at a friendly and not supporting the Host teams snack bar? If the snack bar has healthy to eat don't you think that you should try to support them?

NOP,NO,NO 1st is your choise, 2nd you don' want you DD eat soda and nachos or hamburgers in a 3 games day, 3rd. sometimes the prices are too high for be a snack bar and the last one they already charge you whit $45.00 a game

($30 for the blues) any way any body all ways ending buying someting from the sanck bar just my opinon. :mrgreen:
NO FEAR

by Coachmom » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:53 am

We usually buy a couple of things at the snack bars but I also agree that most of the food is unhealthy.
Also, I get concerned about where my food is made and how it is handled. I find that many (not all) snack bars are not the most sanitary conditions.
I'd rather bring my own food but i'll purchase packaged or canned food-drinks from the snack bars.
“One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.”
Coachmom

by sprtsbimbo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:11 pm

We don't feel obligated to buy from a friendly snack bar, nor do we expect teams to feel obligated to but from ours. We try to offer fresh fruit, corn on the cobb, and other various better choices, but believe it or not the fresh fruit usually does not sell. We have tried various salads and chicken sandwiches, still not big sellers.

Biggest sellers are the chicken bowls, meat ball sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs, tacos, nachos and corn on the cobb for us. We try to find better alternatives but guess what we spend the money and nobody but a few will eat the healther food and we end up loosing $$.

It's called give people what they want and they will spend money.
sprtsbimbo

by Sam » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:21 pm

I wouldn't invite teams to play at our friendlies if they didn't support the snack bar. Why in the blue hell do you people think teams host friendlies...for their health? If you don't support the teams snack bar, they won't run friendlies....then you'll all have to pay $400 to play in tournaments because there won't be anybody hosting friendlies. Nobody to secure the fields, maintain the fields, arrange for the umpires, compile the schedules, distribute the schedules, and redo the schedules to accomodate all the prima donnas. You people are frickin amazing....oh, the food isn't healthy...its not a gameday meal....give me a break.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bucndranch » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:06 pm

I have ran a snack bar many times. Offerred healthier alternatives and they never sell. We have tried salads, fruit bowls, vegies, very little takers. The basics sell, burgers, dogs, bowls and tacos!

I think it is rude not to support anothers snack bar. We always ask our team to be supportive. Its a great way to make money! I do think some teams out there can put forth a bit more effort on their menu however.
bucndranch

by LA FAMILIA » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Sam wrote:I wouldn't invite teams to play at our friendlies if they didn't support the snack bar. Why in the blue hell do you people think teams host friendlies...for their health? If you don't support the teams snack bar, they won't run friendlies....then you'll all have to pay $400 to play in tournaments because there won't be anybody hosting friendlies. Nobody to secure the fields, maintain the fields, arrange for the umpires, compile the schedules, distribute the schedules, and redo the schedules to accomodate all the prima donnas. You people are frickin amazing....oh, the food isn't healthy...its not a gameday meal....give me a break.

hello sam you know wath you are rigth the food from the snack is for the parents if we need healty food for the players we bring that from home. the first time we run a snack we sell subs sandwitches and all the people was asking for the nachos chillifries and hot dogs.
give the people wath they want and make some money for the team.
LA FAMILIA

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions