Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Question about Friendlies

What's on your mind?

by Demonboy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 am

For the record I don't think Skarp is anything resembling an idiot. Dude is smart as hell, interesting and marches to his own drummer. Take that FWIW (along with fifty cents, it should get you a phone call).

What I'm starting to see here is that most of us seem to actually agree. I think what's being argued amounts to little more than semantics.

Lets start over. How about this?:

It is good etiquette for invited teams to try to support the host team's snack bar. Teams knowingly and wantonly ignoring said snack bar are probably guilty of bad manners while violating unwritten "friendly rules" (or mores if you prefer) and risk not being invited back.

8-)
"I'm the walkin dude, I can see all the world!
Twist your minds with fear, Im the man with the power.
Among the living, follow me or die!"

"Among The Living" (based on Randall Flagg)
- Anthrax
Demonboy

by Skarp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Demonboy wrote:What I'm starting to see here is that most of us seem to actually agree. I think what's being argued amounts to little more than semantics.

Lets start over. How about this?:

It is good etiquette for invited teams to try to support the host team's snack bar. Teams knowingly and wantonly ignoring said snack bar are probably guilty of bad manners while violating unwritten "friendly rules" (or mores if you prefer) and risk not being invited back.

8-)

I agree. I agreed the first time you posted this assertion, but didn't say so because I was curious just how far out on a limb these yahoos would go (and how personally offensive they would get) in support of their lame-brained postion.

Supporting a host team's snack bar is a nice thing to do, just like giving up a bus seat for an elderly person is a nice thing to do. It's not an obligation, it's just a generally decent act. And one shouldn't be surprised if one is viewed as an a$$ if they consistently refuse to do decent things (i.e., conform to etiquette norms). I'm down with that.

But I reserve the right to decide for myself what etiquette requires. If I've got a broken leg, I might not give up my seat. If I walk by the snack bar and see the server sampling menudo directly from a crock-pot with a used spoon (true story--one of many), I might elect not to roll the dice on their other offerings. If all they have is candy and chips, and I don't have my boys in tow, then I may elect to take a pass (and the host shouldn't be surprised if lots of other people pass as well). If I brought my own lunch--which there is nothing wrong with--and nothing else at the snack bar strikes my fancy during the day, then I might not end up buying anything.

You want my business? Then run a good snack bar and there is a high probability that you will get it.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions