Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

DD's Best or Funniest Moment ??????????

What's on your mind?

by heybucket » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:04 pm

DD's best or funniest softball related memorie. Let us know :o :oops: :( :D :lol:
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them
heybucket

by FPdaddy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:03 am

This is among my favorites.

Playing 1st year 12U. We come up against a team of girls that have taken cheering to a new level. I'm talking constant screaming from pre-game warm-ups. One girl in particular is riding my DD (pitcher) unmercifully. Well, second inning and this big mouth girl steps in the batter's box...cheering is out of control. My DD proceeds to bury a screwball into the ribs of this girl. She stumbles and bumbles and falls on her BIG backside. The ball field became deadly silent. My DD turns towards the opposing dugout and said "Ya got a cheer for that"? Needless to say, the remainder of the game was blissfully quiet. Oh by the way, we won the game!

What makes this so funny, is my DD is the sweetest, most gentle 12 year old in the world!

Keith
FPdaddy

by umpinva » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm

FPdaddy wrote:This is among my favorites.

Playing 1st year 12U. We come up against a team of girls that have taken cheering to a new level. I'm talking constant screaming from pre-game warm-ups. One girl in particular is riding my DD (pitcher) unmercifully. Well, second inning and this big mouth girl steps in the batter's box...cheering is out of control. My DD proceeds to bury a screwball into the ribs of this girl. She stumbles and bumbles and falls on her BIG backside. The ball field became deadly silent. My DD turns towards the opposing dugout and said "Ya got a cheer for that"? Needless to say, the remainder of the game was blissfully quiet. Oh by the way, we won the game!

What makes this so funny, is my DD is the sweetest, most gentle 12 year old in the world!

Keith

This is a great example of why umpires should halt negative cheers a soon a possible. While the dugout may not have had a cheer for their batter being hit, my cheer would have been "pitcher, you're ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct."
umpinva

by FPdaddy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:52 pm

UMPINVA,

I appreciate your opinion and have nothing but respect for umpires.

Would you have tossed her because she hit the batter OR because of her comment afterwards?

The reason I ask is...there is NO WAY you could determine if she threw at the batter on purpose. My DD hits about one batter every tourney TOTALLY by accident. We DO NOT want baserunners! So I assume you wouldn't toss an 11 year old girl for hitting a batter?!? Now, if you would have run her for her comments, I could understand that.

This brings up the point...why don't blues or TD's take a more proactive approach to all the negative cheering?

I guess you had to be there...it really was funny.

Keith
FPdaddy

by ECSB » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:32 pm

One of my best softball moments has to do with my older DD. She started playing HS ball her sophomore year when they just needed some kids to play. She was about the second to worst kid on the team. The first time she caught a pop up in the outfield (about two thirds of the way through the season), she literally jumped for joy and leapt into the air (luckily it was third out). She worked with her TB coach dad (my younger DD is the serious one) in the off season, and another great moment was when the HS coach told her that he couldn't believe the progress she made, and he was going to bring her up to varsity when he could. That was a proud moment

My younger DD has had a lot of great games, but I can't think of any funny moments.
ECSB

by Cannonball » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:01 pm

My dd was pitching 12U and at the time wore glasses. In games, she wore "rec specs." Well, we're playing and as my dd took her sign, the coach of the team starts up a chant, "We've got two eyes. You have four eyes. Let's see what the pitchhhhhhhhhhhh is. (Said as she pitched the ball. If it was a ball, they scream ball.) They did that one inning. When the first hitter stepped up the next inning and they started that chant, my dd stepped off of the rubber and looked at their dugout. Until the day I die, I'll never forget her comment. "Don't say that. That makes me emotional. When I get emotional, I get wild. When I get wild, someone gets hurt." That was the single funniest thing I've seen. On the first pitch to this hitter, the hitter was barely in the box. Oh, my daughter's nickname is BB because that's what they think the softball looks like when she throws it.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by umpinva » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 pm

FPdaddy wrote:UMPINVA,

I appreciate your opinion and have nothing but respect for umpires.

Would you have tossed her because she hit the batter OR because of her comment afterwards?

The reason I ask is...there is NO WAY you could determine if she threw at the batter on purpose. My DD hits about one batter every tourney TOTALLY by accident. We DO NOT want baserunners! So I assume you wouldn't toss an 11 year old girl for hitting a batter?!? Now, if you would have run her for her comments, I could understand that.

This brings up the point...why don't blues or TD's take a more proactive approach to all the negative cheering?

I guess you had to be there...it really was funny.

Keith

I would have tossed her for the comments. As I mentioned in the earlier post, when the cheers became negative the umpire/s should have gave the offending team a warning.

I've been in games where several batters were hit one after the other with the players, coaches and fans demanding the pitcher be removed and I've issued no warnings because in my judgment the pitcher was not trying to hit the batters intentionally.
umpinva

by umpinva » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't have a DD but can share a funny moment.

Years ago while doing a 10U game: Visiting team has been at bat for about thirty-five minutes and spanking the home team by six runs in the top of the fifth with two outs when the runner from third misses the plate when coming home. Fans are yelling she missed the plate, and F2's coach begins yelling for F2 to tag the runner. F2 is in LaLa land somewhere not paying attention and I hate missing the opportunity for the out in this lopsided game say to F2 "catcher, what's your coach saying?" F2 responds, "my coach told me not to talk to the Blue."

Some things just aren't meant to be.
umpinva

by NO FEAR » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 am

FPdaddy wrote:This is among my favorites.

Keith

how is she the sweetest girls SHE IS A DEVIL and i don't see nothing funny you DA
:twisted: :evil:
NO FEAR

by FPdaddy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 am

No Fear,

You should change your nickname to SCARED SH**TLESS!

Keith :o
FPdaddy

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions