Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Travel ball is over now off to college

What's on your mind?

by rowdyone » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 pm

With this being my DD's last few months in travel ball I wanted her to play on a team that she would still improve her game but enjoy and make memories. I reach out to a coach that has wanted her for awhile but seemed I always went another way. Now was the time. New team is always hard to play with but the coach would make the difference. He was only going to play in tournaments that we could compete in. Not chase the dream of so many just to say you played. After months of playing going no farther than Las Vegas we settled into playing USSSA National Tournaments. We went 9-1-1 played a very good Elite team in the championship had to beat them twice to win the USSSA Nationals Tournament.
Firecracker/Alverez has been the best team my DD has had the pleasure to play with. With coach Frank, Coach Anglo and Coach Dave my DD had all the support she needed to make her last her best. It seemed like every girl on the team found a way to step up there play to make sure if you were going to beat us you have to beat everyone of us. Every senior was committed to a college and at least 4 others were being watched. Coach Alverez did a great job at recruiting, we always had colleges watching us and I know of at least 5 girls got signed while playing on his team. I would like to wish the team the best of luck this coming season remember to play hard and leave it all on the field. Thanks Frank for all your support you won't be forgotten.
things happen for a reason your job is find the reason
rowdyone

by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 pm

rowdyone wrote:With this being my DD's last few months in travel ball I wanted her to play on a team that she would still improve her game but enjoy and make memories. I reach out to a coach that has wanted her for awhile but seemed I always went another way. Now was the time. New team is always hard to play with but the coach would make the difference. He was only going to play in tournaments that we could compete in. Not chase the dream of so many just to say you played. After months of playing going no farther than Las Vegas we settled into playing USSSA National Tournaments. We went 9-1-1 played a very good Elite team in the championship had to beat them twice to win the USSSA Nationals Tournament.
Firecracker/Alverez has been the best team my DD has had the pleasure to play with. With coach Frank, Coach Anglo and Coach Dave my DD had all the support she needed to make her last her best. It seemed like every girl on the team found a way to step up there play to make sure if you were going to beat us you have to beat everyone of us. Every senior was committed to a college and at least 4 others were being watched. Coach Alverez did a great job at recruiting, we always had colleges watching us and I know of at least 5 girls got signed while playing on his team. I would like to wish the team the best of luck this coming season remember to play hard and leave it all on the field. Thanks Frank for all your support you won't be forgotten.

VERY nice on many levels.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:55 pm

Deleted
Last edited by fastpitchdad05 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:46 am

Brings back memories………

Enjoy it while you can, soon enough it will be college ball over now real life :o

best of luck to you and your daughter-enjoy it!
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:16 pm

;)
Last edited by as the world turns on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:04 am

Deleted
Last edited by fastpitchdad05 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 am

;)
Last edited by as the world turns on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

;)
Last edited by as the world turns on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
as the world turns

by PDad » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:34 pm

(removed by PDad)
Last edited by PDad on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:43 pm

;)
Last edited by as the world turns on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
as the world turns

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions