Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Top tournaments rank them

What's on your mind?

by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:31 pm

jonriv wrote:
Hurricane wrote:However, as a counterpoint to TD's constant whining, it is indeed a germane topic for discussion on Hey Bucket.

When I first read TD I thought "Yeah, he's right!" Then I read this and thought "Yeah he's right too!" :D It's all perspective. BTW- Orlando is a lot cheaper to get too than California is from Connecticut :D

Well then. I try to do what Uno requested, and be polite, regardless of whether Hurricane is myopically beating her drum, going off-topic from BEST TOURNAMENTS, or calling me names. (That Democrat crack hurt, I'm not gonna lie.) Hurricane I don't know why you are humping my leg, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't make it personal. Thanks. Have a nice day.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Also want to add:

16u (same year and a week after NSA) we played at the TCS Eastern World Series in Myrtle Beach. Decent competition, stayed on the water- great Golf!

I think in many ways the BEST tournament was her first. That was when she realized there was a whole other world of softball out there and it was something she wanted to really do and do well. I think that was when we both really caught the softball bug!
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:09 pm

jonriv wrote:I'll avoid the obvious top choices(PGF, ASA etc…) because we never attended.

I will Piggy-back on Pale Rider's thoughts that the "best" is determined by what you are looking for(competition, exposure…) but I also think it is by experience too. Going to a tournament and going 0-4 is probably not going to be great. Going to a place with nasty rains, flip-flopped shortened schedules will always leave a bad taste. I will judge by our experience by age group. laugh if you must!

10u-12u Allstars- FCFSL Tournament(Fairfield County Fastpitch Softball League) This was a league made up of town allstar teams(babe Ruth and Little League) and some local travel teams. We used to think this was travel ball!!!!! At the end of the season their would be a playoff tournament that operated like a travel tournament. Competition was fierce and spirited(town pride) and was the first experience in Tournamnets

14-u PONY Nationals(Cary, NC) Not the best run tournamnet and you play too many teams from your own area- but the first exposure to a "National" tournament-opening ceremonies, pin exchange….

16u TCS World Series in Park City- awesome venue, activities, food, condos etc……. First chance to play against teams from the west!!! Low humidity!!!! Team rose to the occasion

16u NSA World Series Rock Hill, SC Awesome facilities, very good competition (Africa HOT) Team did great against a slew of mid western teams

College(All of it was better than TB)

NESCAC Playoffs- double elimination against other teams in conference- exciting games!!
NCAA DIII Playoffs- By far the BEST! DD said it was like being in the olympics

Dot Richardson Spring Games- Annual PIlgrimage to Clermont, FL to get ready for the season by playing other teams from around the country

Yes you're right, these are recreationally fun.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:29 pm

as the world turns wrote:
jonriv wrote:I'll avoid the obvious top choices(PGF, ASA etc…) because we never attended.

I will Piggy-back on Pale Rider's thoughts that the "best" is determined by what you are looking for(competition, exposure…) but I also think it is by experience too. Going to a tournament and going 0-4 is probably not going to be great. Going to a place with nasty rains, flip-flopped shortened schedules will always leave a bad taste. I will judge by our experience by age group. laugh if you must!

10u-12u Allstars- FCFSL Tournament(Fairfield County Fastpitch Softball League) This was a league made up of town allstar teams(babe Ruth and Little League) and some local travel teams. We used to think this was travel ball!!!!! At the end of the season their would be a playoff tournament that operated like a travel tournament. Competition was fierce and spirited(town pride) and was the first experience in Tournamnets

14-u PONY Nationals(Cary, NC) Not the best run tournamnet and you play too many teams from your own area- but the first exposure to a "National" tournament-opening ceremonies, pin exchange….

16u TCS World Series in Park City- awesome venue, activities, food, condos etc……. First chance to play against teams from the west!!! Low humidity!!!! Team rose to the occasion

16u NSA World Series Rock Hill, SC Awesome facilities, very good competition (Africa HOT) Team did great against a slew of mid western teams

College(All of it was better than TB)

NESCAC Playoffs- double elimination against other teams in conference- exciting games!!
NCAA DIII Playoffs- By far the BEST! DD said it was like being in the olympics

Dot Richardson Spring Games- Annual PIlgrimage to Clermont, FL to get ready for the season by playing other teams from around the country

Yes you're right, these are recreationally fun.

Don't be upset with ATWT's comments, JR....by his own standards he's had a very hard life and needs to lash out sometimes. :lol:

Either that or someone's got a little crush on you. :shock:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:13 am

um, TD, my apologies if I had hurt your feelings. But please go back and read some of your replies to my posts on this forum. I thought I was just following your lead.

I think you had made it personal. I have been stating many facts on my experiences and others I know. That's all. I thought that was what the forum was about.

You seem to get so angry (bitter?) about my comments that I think I hit too close to home with those comments. ???

In the future, please don't attack the messenger - rather - just reply to the comment. Then, maybe I won't take it as a personal attack either.

You do provide a lot of good information to the forum. I appreciate many of your posts. But your replies to mine seem so sophomoric at times.

Now, with respect to JR: back on topic:
I agree with the previous poster - for fun, the Park City Tournament is a great place for the girls (and parents!) to unwind, have fun, and play softball. It's a great place to take the whole family. Best of all, the local hospitality is top notch.
Hurricane

by Safebyahare » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 am

The best tournament in the country is,,,,the one your kid is in.
Now if the tournament lacked this theme song,,,well it may have fell short.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY9xZoKiBgU
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions