Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NAME THE TOP 10 HS TEAMS IN SO CAL

What's on your mind?

by NO FEAR » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 am

Just for curiosity this is the first year my DD play HS ball and I want to know who are the top 10 teams. any help thank you :lol:
NO FEAR

by watcher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hart High of Newhall will be good again this year, I will let you know how good after the 23rd.
DD's team play them in a double-header.
watcher

by NO FEAR » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:07 pm

watcher wrote:Hart High of Newhall will be good again this year, I will let you know how good after the 23rd.

what area they play we belong to the downey,paramount,lakewood long beach area if you have some advices thank you :ugeek:
NO FEAR

by watcher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:27 pm

NO FEAR wrote:
watcher wrote:Hart High of Newhall will be good again this year, I will let you know how good after the 23rd.

what area they play we belong to the downey,paramount,lakewood long beach area if you have some advices thank you :ugeek:

They are in the Santa Clarita (formerly Newhall) near Magic Mountain.
watcher

by redzone » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 am

Any discussion of HS softball in So Cal has to start with Pacifica High, right? Maybe Cypress.
redzone

by StingersFastpitch » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:34 am

Hart should compete at a high level again. With Shults & Destiny back (and only Juniors), they are arguably the best battery around.

Saugus has some issues. Valencia will get a gut-check w/o Jordan Taylor.

Santa Clarita HS softball should be great over the next 4 years... I know ALOT of 94 & 95 talent will finally play closely together starting next year and beyond.
StingersFastpitch

by Gone in 2.6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:14 pm

This isn't a top ten list because....quite frankly, I'm just not knowledgeable enough about high school ball to formulate a top 10. So instead here are some teams to watch for.

William S Hart. Last year's CIF runner up returns key players Destiny Rodino (UCLA), Jessica Shults (Oklahoma), Melissa Brown (Tennessee). Also returning are Devon Lindvall (UCLA), Allison Lewis, Emily Henry and Heather Stiglich. I look for this team to possibly win CIF this year (With ALL their key players returning in 2009 to take another run at it).

Santiago (Corona) featuring the Junior battery of twins Kristen and Kamerin May (San Diego State) who took their team to the CIF title as freshmen

Norco featuring Junior pitcher Teagan Gerhart

Camarillo should be good again even with the departure of pitcher Lindsey Dean. Senior Hanna Klein is no slouch in the circle herself. And Senior short stop Delaney Willard (BYU) can flat out rake.

Dark Horse: In Maramonte League, which I think might be down this year, look for Simi to surprise. They'll knock the heck out of the ball led by stand out slugger Sammy Fischer (LMU).

Div II

Pacifica (Garden Grove) because they're.........Pacifica. Well that and they have Dre Harrison (UCLA), arguably the best player in the nation. Having Christina Zambrana* (Arizona State) and Kristen Arriola (Arizona) doesn't suck either.

Kennedy featuring the Reid twins Elia and Jamia (Cal Berkely). Good luck keeping them off the bases and from keeping them from getting to 3rd once they get there.

Division III

Defending champion Beckman has all principles back including Pitcher Jazzy Harrell, pitcher and standout outfielder Trista "Slim Shady" Thomas, speedster Megan Denio (Long Beach State). New coach Dave Anderson will give the team an added boost as he is wonderful connecting with players and has history (former club coach) with some of their standouts.

Oak Park. Everyone's back with strong senior leadership from Jennifer Calqhoun and Jenny Liepman and a standout pitcher in the circle in junior Julia Rice (Purdue). This is the year that Oaks Christian will finally have to take their medicine.

*edit/correction of blonde moment
Last edited by Gone in 2.6 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by jmo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Div II

Pacifica (Garden Grove) because they're.........Pacifica. Well that and they have Dre Harrison (UCLA), arguably the best player in the nation. Having "Lini" (Arizona) and Kristen Arriola (Arizona) doesn't suck either

Lini actually plays at San Pedro High School (no worries about the blonde moment - Lini and Kristen have been playing together for so many years, it just seems that they would be on the same high school team). San Pedro will once again be the favorites in the City League as Taylor Petty (Long Beach State) continues to set all kinds of pitching records and Lini sets all the home run/RBI records.

Pacifica does also have one of the top hitters in ASU bound Christina Zambrano. With Harrison, Arriola and Zambrano in the lineup, there are not three better offensive weapons on one team. They will be tough!

First round matchup in the Bullhead City Tourney - Valencia vs Beckman - what a tough first round game - I just hope we can keep it close as Valencia is loaded with offense (Spigner/Shipman/Bernadino etc.)

Kennedy will be very tough again with Allee throwing major heat and the Reid twins on base all the time and Mo knocking them in. Hart is also big favorite this year. G26 knows what he is talking about.

Another team to watch out for in Orange County will be Mission Viejo. They only lost one player and have two top rate pitchers. El Modena will be looking for revenge after their early first round loss last year. They also only lost one player.
Last edited by jmo on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sprtsbimbo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Who do you think will be the top teams in the Christian League?
sprtsbimbo

by kevin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:58 pm

Dre Harrison (UCLA), arguably the best player in the nation.

could not agree with you more
kevin

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions