Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NAME THE TOP 10 HS TEAMS IN SO CAL

What's on your mind?

by maxedout007 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm sure its going to be a close one between Hart and Pacifica for who will be #1 in the nation. If not Hart this year, then for sure next year.
Valencia will still be strong(not as strong but still strong) with Spigner and Madison(both committed to Tennessee i believe) and Lelani ripping the crap out of the ball as usual. They have rich winning tradition in the Foothill league and don't think they aren't ready to win another back to back league title!
maxedout007

by All-American SB » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 am

Christian League -

Pomona Catholic will win league again - has most players returning from last year and have added a couple of bats.
Aquinas will compete with their pitching. Will have to play a tougher non-league schedule to get ready for league.
Western Christian - most improved team, got new pitcher. Could be a surprise
Ontario Christian - Lost too much to graduation. Could be a long season.
Arrowhead Christian - A rebuilding year.
Loma Linda - Well, they are still Loma Linda
All-American SB

by watcher » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Hart beat royal 1-0 , Not a pretty game at all, I think both teams can play better than they did, I still think Hart will make some waves when it counts.
watcher

by until the last out » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:25 pm

I heard that Hart lost 1-0 to Highland.
until the last out

by sportzjunky » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:43 pm

until the last out wrote:I heard that Hart lost 1-0 to Highland.

Hart did lose to highland.. read about it here:

http://newmedia.the-signal.com/news/article/585/
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by Sam » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:41 am

maxedout007 wrote:I'm sure its going to be a close one between Hart and Pacifica for who will be #1 in the nation. If not Hart this year, then for sure next year.
Valencia will still be strong(not as strong but still strong) with Spigner and Madison(both committed to Tennessee i believe) and Lelani ripping the crap out of the ball as usual. They have rich winning tradition in the Foothill league and don't think they aren't ready to win another back to back league title!

Rule #1: If you lose to a team from Palmdale, you will not win CIF...much less compete for #1 in the Nation.

Rule#2: Pacifica will not compete for #1 in the Nation. Bad Karma for their rather unceremonious removal of Coach Weil a couple of years ago. Just won't happen.

Comment: Two of the top 20 teams in the Nation, Santiago and Norco, play in the same league....and both teams are better than Hart and Pacifica.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:09 am

According to Rivals preseason national rankings. 1. Kennedy of La Palma/Anaheim 2. Corona - Santiago
kevin

by hotwheels » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:09 am

Sam is right on the mark.......Corona Santiago and Norco are 2 very good teams with outstanding pitching....I watched the Norco pitcher this Saturday against Diamond Ranch.....WOW
hotwheels

by Sam » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:22 pm

hotwheels wrote:Sam is right on the mark.......Corona Santiago and Norco are 2 very good teams with outstanding pitching....I watched the Norco pitcher this Saturday against Diamond Ranch.....WOW

I actually coached her when she was 7....along with 4 other kids on Norco's roster. Had her on the Jugs gun last year in the playoff game against Ramona topping out at 68mph...consistent at 63 and 64mph...as a sophomore. Kelly Inouye Perez was sitting in front of me....Rob Way stood there and talked to me the whole game...I miss him.

UCLA went for Rodino (Hart) instead. Rodino pitched against us in the last exposure tournament and she can be dominating at 43 feet. Not overpowering, but destroys the hitters' timing and eats them up with location and movement. Not so sure she will be that excellent at 40 feet.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hotwheels » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Fantastic curve/drop....My 3rd baseman plays for Diamond Ranch and she was struck out on this pitch...I was standing behind the backstop watching as she was handcuffed....Really strong break on top of the speed. I was impressed! :D
hotwheels

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions