I can deal with $1500 entry fee

I can deal with back to back to back games

I can deal with poor field conditions

I can deal with sub par blues

I can deal with all the Team fees

I can deal with lousy snack bars

I can deal with 100 degrees and/or high humidity

I can deal with 7 hour car rides to get to a tourney

I can deal with cross country travel and long 16-18 day to complete the travel.

I can deal with having to spend $2000 to play for a week and miss week of work

I can deal with parents complaining about Suzy not getting any PT and they spent the same amount as me to get there

I can deal with the SoCal teams sleeping in their own beds at night

I could go on and on BUT, what i cant deal with and DID NOT is,

SOMEONE TELLING ME WHERE I HAVE LAY MY HEAD AT NIGHT OR PAY EXTRA MONEY TO GO SOMEWHERE I CHOOSE, DID NOT HAPPEN AND WOULD STILL NOT HAPPEN.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CheckWriter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:27 pm

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:31 am

DonnieS wrote:
>> ="jonriv"]The school raising funds is more the rule than the exception. This is true even in D I <<<

No, its not the rule. Been around D1 a while, and havent come across it.

I know of at least five in this area that held camps(an other fundraisers) for the purpose of paying or defraying the costs of their spring training tour. Perhaps not the norm at the bigger schools, but a reality at many of the non-major programs

Hmmm, assumed those camps were fundraisers for the coaches personally, not the softball program. That based on the less than minimum wage check DD1 got multiple times per year from Pac12CoachFirst&LastName SoftballCamps Inc, LLC complete with withholding, etc. They did get Subway for lunch as a bennie though!!!!

Not sure what was on DD2's check (that one was 3,000 miles away) from a less well funded program. There they did do direct marketing (for lack of a better description) to alumni and parents of alumni but only to finance the transcontinental spring break trip. Otherwise school covered everything as far as I know.

FWIW
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 am

CheckWriter wrote:
by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:31 am

DonnieS wrote:
>> ="jonriv"]The school raising funds is more the rule than the exception. This is true even in D I <<<

No, its not the rule. Been around D1 a while, and havent come across it.

I know of at least five in this area that held camps(an other fundraisers) for the purpose of paying or defraying the costs of their spring training tour. Perhaps not the norm at the bigger schools, but a reality at many of the non-major programs

Hmmm, assumed those camps were fundraisers for the coaches personally, not the softball program. That based on the less than minimum wage check DD1 got multiple times per year from Pac12CoachFirst&LastName SoftballCamps Inc, LLC complete with withholding, etc. They did get Subway for lunch as a bennie though!!!!

Not sure what was on DD2's check (that one was 3,000 miles away) from a less well funded program. There they did do direct marketing (for lack of a better description) to alumni and parents of alumni but only to finance the transcontinental spring break trip. Otherwise school covered everything as far as I know.

FWIW

I am basing on my own experiences. Your DD2's experience sounds similar to ours. As the "direct marketing" and alumni genorosity have increased-the out of pocket has gone down. However- there is still gate fees and other expenses for the annual Spring Games
jonriv

by sharktank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

What is your opinion? TCS Western National tournament in San Diego. A "boat" load of teams spread out all over SD county. 3 game pool single elimination. Stay to play. $1,600 buy-in. They are using little league fields (infield grass) and they have made it "mandatory" no metal cleats. Now team a week before have to go buy new cleats for 2 days of play. $35 bucks or so does not seem much but where does it stop? Do you think TCS should credit teams that need new spikes a couple hundred dollars? I say yes! Otherwise, don't book so many teams that you are forced to use non-softball or sub-par facilities. This is a money grab and quality let alone customer satisfaction is important to TCS. :oops:
sharktank

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:18 am

What is your opinion?

Get a refund and stay home.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by sharktank » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:22 am

blackwidow wrote:
What is your opinion?

Get a refund and stay home.

Always a smart arse! Not capable of having a legit debate on things. Just trolling.
sharktank

by blackwidow » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

Umm that was a legit answer. Geez.

I would get a refund and stay home if the conditions are as you described.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by Sam » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:28 am

Quit whining and vote with your feet. That's how Premier got started and was ASA's demise. Everybody knows TCS is a ripoff.

Just don't go.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am

Parents are so desperate to have Suzy play college ball that they are willing to do ANYTHING to make that happen. They then complain when they wonder what happened to their bank account.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by jonriv » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 am

as the world turns wrote:Parents are so desperate to have Suzy play college ball that they are willing to do ANYTHING to make that happen. They then complain when they wonder what happened to their bank account.

Wow, what if they took the same money and put it into a 529 plan or some other college savings :?
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions