Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Anyone Tired of the Money Grab with these Tournaments

What's on your mind?

by Pale Rider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 am

jonriv wrote:The school raising funds is more the rule than the exception. This is true even in D I

Again if you don't think the "trail" is worth it, don't do it. No one is forcing you

...Image
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 am

I love how everyone embraces the free market and capitalism and then complain when some exercises the practice. It's supply and demand. There is obviously demand so the price goes up. They will charge what the market will bear. If it is not worth it- don't pay it! Its like buying a Ferrari an complaining about the cost( don't want to hear it)
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 am

In CO I would get an empty straw wrapper and wrap it around my wrist. After walking through the gate my wife would tell them, "hey he didn't pay!" always a good laugh and worked every time. I get my moneys worth.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by blackwidow » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (29.07 KiB) Viewed 3911 times

JR and I agree on something. Oh dear. :cry:

It's interesting how those that complain that someone needs to do something aren't willing to do anything.
One of the few remaining freedoms we have in this country is the freedom to decide when and where we spend our federal reserve notes.
If you don't support the system don't buy into it. That's how you fight "city hall" when city hall is a capitalist venture.
For my family,the benefits have always outweighed the costs for the big tournaments.
Last edited by blackwidow on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
blackwidow

Location: riding a horse so high your complaints just sound like ant farts to me.

by jonriv » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 am

I have many friends whose kids play hockey, they laugh at softball costs! Complaining about tournament costs is like complaint about country club dues- no one is making you join
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Oh I'm a capitalist...But hate extortionists
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cannonball » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Because a player is in college, it doesn't mean that during the summer, they don't play TB. My dd could still play 18U after her freshman year of college. She did but only 2 tournaments. Then, they played 23U and women's tournaments. I was shocked as well at the gate fees. We went to one in Indy that was outrageous. Still, we paid. I feel for families with kids who attend and have to pay for those kids. There are always ways to save some money as well. You just have to get good at it. We car pooled with other families, took along a cooler with lunch meat etc., ... anything to save a dime here and there. I don't resent the cost I just wish that those that put these tournaments on had empathy for those who are out so much money to watch their dds play.

I didn't miss many of my dd's college games. My experience was pretty good. Often, we called a university and asked if they had hotel's that worked with the university on prices for visiting teams. More times than not, we got a discount. For our conference tournament, we got a great break at a top hotel. For our flight to Arizona this past year, we also got a deal through our travel agent. ( Close family friend.) Our rental car was a snafu but that was to be expected. We only got to do this once and so, regardless of price, my wife and I were going to be there.
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by Sam » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:31 am

How do you people think they pay for using the f&cking fields?

You could save money for all of the summer tournaments by skipping fall ball entirely.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:33 am

Safebyahare wrote:In CO I would get an empty straw wrapper and wrap it around my wrist. After walking through the gate my wife would tell them, "hey he didn't pay!" always a good laugh and worked every time. I get my moneys worth.

Shhhhhhhh
I save every arm band I get...a few mins in parking lot to figure what color I need...dig in console and VOILA!!! Im good to go 8-)
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:15 pm

blackwidow wrote:
image.jpg

JR and I agree on something. Oh dear. :cry:

WTH? JR is the epitome of "don't fight city hall".
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions