Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Pitcher charged with assualt

What's on your mind?

by Sam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:55 pm

Umpsteve,

My perception of the situation is based on 30 years of coaching young men and women. I've seen kangaroo courts and internal team discipline on multiple occasions. In my ipinion, my scenario is much more likely than yours.

Hopefully a judge throws this out of court and sanctions the DA. All that happened was that a young lady got plunked.....hell....half of Florida's offense is predicated on players getting HbP.

Much adieu about nothing. I'll not address the straw men constructed by the other posters.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Sam wrote:Umpsteve,

My perception of the situation is based on 30 years of coaching young men and women. I've seen kangaroo courts and internal team discipline on multiple occasions. In my ipinion, my scenario is much more likely than yours.

Hopefully a judge throws this out of court and sanctions the DA. All that happened was that a young lady got plunked.....hell....half of Florida's offense is predicated on players getting HbP.

Much adieu about nothing. I'll not address the straw men constructed by the other posters.

I'd stay in that cave, too. It's safe in there with the other cavemen. ;)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:42 am

Sam might be the woody Hayes of softball
jonriv

by rlblue82 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:15 pm

jonriv wrote:
rlblue82 wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:Katelyn Burge intentionally hit teammate during batting practice. The batter was believed to have snitched on a coach for violating the universities alcohol policy. After hitting the batter, Katelyn said "That was for (the coach that was reported)".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/softball/2015/06/25/penn-state-altoona-softball-player-charged--hit-batter/29272953/
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4325414350001/can-your-kid-face-legal-trouble-for-little-league-pitching/?intcmp=watchnow#sp=show-clips

This is getting out of control. What happened to the days when people with differences just went out back and fought it out and that was the end of it?

So your solution is two adults go out back and duke it out?

Yes, it shouldn't get to that point but if it did, you have to draw a line somewhere.
rlblue82

by jonriv » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Maybe a duel if that doesn't work :D
jonriv

by tbjd33 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Next we won't be as to spank our children... Oh wait that's already the case. What's next?

Why do so many hate the good ole days? Why change a great game like softball and/or baseball? Go play a different sport...

Sorry I don't have the "feeeeelings" that others do!
tbjd33

by jonriv » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Since when is beaning your own player part of softball and baseball???
jonriv

by DonnieS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:04 pm

jonriv wrote:Since when is beaning your own player part of softball and baseball???

I must have missed something here, but did someone say it is ? It damn sure happens, like some others here I have certainly heard of it happening. I would have paid good money to be there if someone had tried that against one of my little flowers. And no I would not have done a thing, I wouldnt have had time to do anything other than probably arrange to have bail ready.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Read tbj's post
jonriv

by DonnieS » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:25 pm

jonriv wrote:Read tbj's post

I read tbj's post , I guess its over my head. This stuff happens - I am surprised to see so much commotion about it.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions