Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Pitcher charged with assualt

What's on your mind?

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Sam wrote:I think it's hilarious that you guys think this isn't already going on in college teams all over the country.

You are building excellent straw men, though......suppose the pitcher decided to behead this kid instead of hitting her with a pitch....suppose the batter obtained a nuclear weapon....

I don't see anyone arguing about whether it happens or not, just whether or not it should.

I think I just burned that straw man to the ground. He would have seen me coming with my flame thrower if his head wasn't so far up his backside! :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:35 am

Sam I am not so sure how prevelant this kind of beahavior is and if a coach should be promoting physical threats and actions among their players. I do know that after being named a capatain of her college team my daughter was required to take a small course on "captain training" and met with the AD who mentioned time and again the school's anti-hazing policies. I am sure most other schools have similar policies and requirements. I am sure it still goes on, but certainly not to the extent you seem to think.
jonriv

by Sam » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Well, I coached a 23U team a few years ago with kids from UCLA, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, etc. and policing of the game with players was commonplace.

This entire argument is sexist. We wouldn't even be having the argument if these were young men instead of young women. So....we think that girls' bodies are invincible and able to play 120 games per season for 8 years....plus practices.....plus lessons.....parents and coaches encouraging this regimen....but if a kid throws a pitch and hits a teammate on the shoulder.....THAT is assault and can't be tolerated! BUTTTTT.....we want to limit the boys' innings/pitches/games because their bodies will break down.

This is a sport LOADED with stupid people.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Sam wrote:Well, I coached a 23U team a few years ago with kids from UCLA, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, etc. and policing of the game with players was commonplace.

This entire argument is sexist. We wouldn't even be having the argument if these were young men instead of young women. So....we think that girls' bodies are invincible and able to play 120 games per season for 8 years....plus practices.....plus lessons.....parents and coaches encouraging this regimen....but if a kid throws a pitch and hits a teammate on the shoulder.....THAT is assault and can't be tolerated! BUTTTTT.....we want to limit the boys' innings/pitches/games because their bodies will break down.

I guess what you're saying is that this won't be the moment we were all waiting for when you even start to admit for the first time that you might be in some small way misguided or even, gulp, incorrect? :?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:49 pm

MLB pitchers charged with assault?
B34R DOWN

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Hockey players have been
jonriv

by Sam » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:15 am

jonriv wrote:Hockey players have been

No hockey player has ever been charged for assault as a result of them throwing a puck at another player.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:21 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Sam wrote:Well, I coached a 23U team a few years ago with kids from UCLA, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, etc. and policing of the game with players was commonplace.

I guess what you're saying is that this won't be the moment we were all waiting for when you even start to admit for the first time that you might be in some small way misguided or even, gulp, incorrect? :?

What color is the sky in your world?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fasterpitch92701 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:01 am

JonRiv....DD was captain last year, went through the same captain training as your DD. The bottom line is not to put up with drama and lead by constructive example.
fasterpitch92701

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 am

Sam wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

What color is the sky in your world?

Blue. I like blue.

Can you see blue with your view or only brown?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions