Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Instant classic - Mom threatens other teams' music boxes

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Fri May 29, 2015 10:24 am

Saw this on another board and thought it was worth sharing here since we haven't had anything like it in quite a while. Evidently, MADOGMOM is fed up with other teams blaring music at the park and threatens to do something about it.

We will be at diamond queens shootout this weekend and if...
Any team comes in the park blaring the music while we are trying to play I will let you know about it! im sick of the music boxes. leave them where they need to be. They don't belong in the park.

Post #27 If you think it's OK to Blast rap music talking about bitches and how's at a girls ball tourney then that's your problem...and I guarantee I will say something....bank on that.

If you think its OK to play music in the dugout between innings then that's your problem ....if you think its OK to enter the park playing music while other teams play then you're an idiot and a bush leaguer. You wanna play pants on the gound...kill the cops....booty skating etc...go ahead...but others should have yo listen to the trash. If you wanna raise your daughter up listening to that trash....that's your problem...if I hear it I'm bashing whatever its coming out of. Watch and see.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by eclipse09 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 pm

There was a reply by the music playing team in the form of a song (sung to Usher's "I don't mind").

MADDOGMOM we do.........mind

If we play music near a pole.

Please don't turn into Bob Dole.

MADDOGMOM we do.........mind.

If you play games until three.

We will keep blasting music baby!!!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Our HS team playlist includes many rap and R&B songs as well as country and even some rock. The songs are edited versions so that there are no offensive words audible.

And although I believe that all music being played before, during and after these games should be censored in the same way, it's obvious that this poster is going way overboard.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri May 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Some funny pictures in the thread of oversize boomboxes and stuff. A picture of some women looks like it came from Arto's gallery.

I recall some posts on here years ago about some big systems in TX (Red Hots?).
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Although I think this particular woman has gone a bit too far, I do find there are some teams that go overboard with the boom boxes. Most of the time I enjoy the music and the fun of it, however; It seems some parents use them for their own personal party in the stands (which usually includes too much alcohol as well) and that can become annoying, especially if you can't concentrate on the game over the party music. Thank goodness that's just an occasional disturbance. I say, if it keeps the girls loose and relaxed, then go for it, as long as the music is age appropriate, respectful and not disturbing any other games.
GRANADAFAN01

by Hurricane » Sat May 30, 2015 12:47 am

Playing music to keep the girls loose has been going on for year....I'm OK with it UNLESS it bothers other games that are going on.

I remember way back when my DD was playing in an ASA All-Star game. One team who was going to play next was warming up in the right field area. They were blaring their music. This was not only annoying but disruptive to the current game going on. When someone said something to the manager, he was rude, belligerent, and unapologetic saying "I can play music anytime I want" type of attitude.

All it takes is for the umpires and game officials to tell a team they will forfeit a game if they don't abide by the rules.

What I don't understand is why don't these coaches know that blaring music inappropriately will bring disdain upon their organization.

Hey, it's OK at your own practices....but once the game is on....the umpires and game officials are in charge.

Just because you and your team like German Polkas and schottisches doesn't mean others want to hear that beat blaring throughout the ball park.

Bottom Line: be polite. be a good neighbor. respect others.
Hurricane

by Pale Rider » Sat May 30, 2015 4:50 am

PDad wrote: A picture of some women looks like it came from Arto's gallery.

Be needing those for extortion purposes...
I agree with the music thing...sometimes it gets freaking ridiculous, and very distasteful with the volume and especially the 'explicit' songs...

I too have felt the urge to call in an Apache and put a Hellfire in some...right in the woofer...
Thankfully most of that stupidity is weeded out in 12U except at the lower competition tourneys...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music at parks, except when its obnoxiously loud and dirty...
I think if I had a 10U kid, knowing what I do now...and how the tourneys and teams are changing...I'd go buy a Bass Boat and take my kid fishing instead of ball...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by joaquinjunior » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Play music, that's fine, but make sure that it is appropriate. and respect the other teams. thank you. God bless :D :) ;)
joaquinjunior
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DeuceII » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:27 am

I'm a boom box toter and I totally understand the concerns that people have. I am very cognisant of what I play and when I play it. For example I won't bring my box out the car if the fields are way to close to each other, where I know that it is virtually impossible to play it without disturbing the other fields play. When I do I face the box towards our teams dugout and only play it during the intermissions. I have certain songs depending on how we are doing in the tourney and I only raise the volume if I know that I does not disturb any other teams play. I'll literally look at at the other field before I raise the volume. That being said I know that most people are not like me and because of that (depends on how you look at it) "unfortunately" a lot of tourneys are starting to band "loud music" all together.
DeuceII

Return to Fastpitch Discussions