Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The fall of Stanford softball

What's on your mind?

by jtat32 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Whatever happened, happened. It's time to leave it in the past and move forward.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 pm

jtat32 wrote:Whatever happened, happened. It's time to leave it in the past and move forward.

Apparently the San Jose Mercury News disagreed.

Don't look at it, don't analyze it, don't talk about.....because there is nothing to be learned....lets just move on with the status quo......good idea.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jtat32 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Sam wrote:
jtat32 wrote:Whatever happened, happened. It's time to leave it in the past and move forward.

Apparently the San Jose Mercury News disagreed.

Don't look at it, don't analyze it, don't talk about.....because there is nothing to be learned....lets just move on with the status quo......good idea.

I was speaking from the perspective of the team.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fasterpitch92701 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Salem, 1692, not 1792. Typo. My mistake
fasterpitch92701

by Battle » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:56 pm

jonriv wrote:No self righteousness, but where there is smoke........

I have seen people "cry wolf" and it go nowhere because procedures were followed and documented. It is a managers responsibility in any workplace to acknowledge and investigate a complaint. My experience has been that most situations can be handled with early action. Too many times the situation is allowed to go to far

I had a hostile workplace complaint from a fired employee over a decade ago. I had proper documentation to support the dismissal ( lateness, absences, missing $$) and did everything by the book. Her complaint was quickly dismissed

Again- they fired(pushed out) an 18 year veteran coach- they must have had enough in "cause" that he was persuaded to resign

WTF are you talking about? What could the coach possibly document?

I played #23 over #15 because she is a better infielder and has a higher batting average and that's when #15's dad got mad and filed a complaint for favoritism...Give me a break... :roll:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Your assuming the complaint was over playing time. The investigation found that the trainer did commit sexual harassment. Did th coach know? What would you do if your dd called you and said that the trainer was harassing her and when she went to the coach and he did nothing?
jonriv

by Sam » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 am

jonriv wrote:Your assuming the complaint was over playing time. The investigation found that the trainer did commit sexual harassment. Did th coach know? What would you do if your dd called you and said that the trainer was harassing her and when she went to the coach and he did nothing?

The article stated:

"A school investigation determined Marcello created "a sexually hostile environment" and removed him. Rittman was cleared of sexual harassment by the probe."

Exactly what that means at a liberal NorCal University is anybody's guess. At least 5 players had no issues with "the behavior." Why hasn't this surfaced during his previous 18 years? After all, this isn't Sandusky molesting young boys.....this is a male trainer likely joking around with players he felt close with,....who used the opportunity to go after a coach who wasn't playing them......after he gave them. $300,000 education.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:09 pm

jonriv wrote:Your assuming the complaint was over playing time. The investigation found that the trainer did commit sexual harassment. Did th coach know? What would you do if your dd called you and said that the trainer was harassing her and when she went to the coach and he did nothing?

I don't know what I would do and neither do you because every situation is different. I would try to find out starting with the trainer I suppose. Now I don't know what happened so I'm giving the coach the benefit of the doubt but since you fall into the "lets convict this guy" crowd, why don't you tell me what happened. Keep in mind that it took 18 years for this bad coach to surface so go ahead, I'm listening....
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:33 pm

All I know it is not easy to fire anyone with 18 years. I'm sure there is a reason he resigned and I'm sure there is a reason he is still only an asst coach

Btw. How many years went by at penn state
jonriv

by Battle » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:40 pm

jonriv wrote:All I know it is not easy to fire anyone with 18 years. I'm sure there is a reason he resigned and I'm sure there is a reason he is still only an asst coach

Btw. How many years went by at penn state

Oh no buddy, you don't get off that easy. In the justice system that you have so much faith in, you are presumed innocent until proven guilty so what in all the brilliance of Jonriv's mind brings you to the conclusion of "there has to be something to it other than disgruntled parents and player"?
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions