Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Infielder Glove

What's on your mind?

by MC3sMom » Wed May 27, 2015 10:46 am

My daughter plays 2B with a Rawlings HOH Baseball glove, 11.5. She loves this glove, but it has been "suggested" to us that get a softball glove (she rarely misses, but missed 2 bad throws to her on bunt coverage at 1st). The person who suggested this to us is the Dad of the girl who over threw it, lol. Question going forward: What is the best glove for a 14U infielder, and can you recommend a brand/model? Or should we stick with the Rawlings? TIA
MC3sMom

by Pale Rider » Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am

BAM2 can get you a hook up on a DANDY brand...
A glove that will last her many years and not break the bnk
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 pm

The person who suggested this to us is the Dad of the girl who over threw it, lol.

I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful ;)

Since you asked, my DD (3B) has used a Wilson A2000, 11.75" softball glove starting in HS. The good news - it will last forever. The bad news - it takes some time to break in so it's not good as a mid-season replacement. Also, it has no magic powers to catch bad throws...
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rowdyone » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Everyone will have there own. It takes time to find and love the glove you have. My dd uses Worth Liberty 11.75 Hard to find and cost a little bit more than most gloves. My dd plays 3rd so the last thing I want is her using a glove she doesn't like. The glove should fit like a glove. She will know it just feels right
things happen for a reason your job is find the reason
rowdyone

by AlwaysImprove » Thu May 28, 2015 8:14 am

The Rawlings HOH is a great glove. The difference between baseball glove and softball glove is a softball glove tends to have smaller fingers and a bigger pocket.
http://www.heybucket.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73523&start=20

Smaller pocket is going to make for much quick transition. If you have the skills you can definitely play with a smaller glove. It is common at upper levels of college ball to see middle infielders with smaller pockets.

As far as the overthrows, and a glove change making a difference, someone would have to see the nature of the overthrows. I mean if they were way offline, then ignore dad's helpful commentary. If they were pretty close, and your daughter might of had a better chance with a bigger glove, you might try an 11.75. I would definitely not get talked into the anything bigger based on what I am hearing.. You having been there are going to be in a much better position to make that judgement.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LaderaDD96 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:29 am

hit4power wrote:Since you asked, my DD (3B) has used a Wilson A2000, 11.75" softball glove starting in HS. The good news - it will last forever. The bad news - it takes some time to break in so it's not good as a mid-season replacement. Also, it has no magic powers to catch bad throws...

My DD (SS) also Uses the A2000 as well as the A2K 11.75" Glove... Has since Freshman Year of HS and now through her first year in College...
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BAM2 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks Pale Rider,
Vinci Pro Gloves are a great product. And the one thing that i can offer is that, i have new samples that you are more than welcomed to tryout. It's hard to spend a lot of money on a glove and not be able to get it dirty and give it a try.
And i'm usually out at the fields, my youngest ones is still in 14's and has a Vinci infielders and a 1st basemans glove.
Give me a call or pm and more than happy to assist you no matter which glove you buy.

Chris Kumiyama
562 824 6066
BAM2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Fastpitch Discussions