Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

College softball selection tonight

What's on your mind?

by as the world turns » Sun May 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Battle wrote:
as the world turns wrote:
Battle wrote:
jonriv wrote:As far as the umps- how are they chosen? Are some of the ssues due to calling differences in different regions of the country?

Um no. It's the whining crying of parents or team biased opinions.

I guess it's the umps fault because their little "Jennie Finch" can't make a simple catch and throw to 1st either. :roll:

That's getting ridiculous...

What is ridiculous is that you see no problem with the inconsistency of officiating as we have all seen on TV during the regionals and supers - and some real bad calls. A bunch of old farts still controlling a girl's sport.

LOL...Yeah it's a conspiracy I tell ya. The bad calls are probably coming from the grassy knoll... :roll:

Not smart enough to form a conspiracy. Anyone that has been at games or been watching on TV has seen the problem. The bad calls are in plain sight.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Watching the UCLA vs Michigan game and ESPN is using the strike box feature (thank you). Several called strikes are not even close - what an embarrassment. I wish they would use it for every pitch.
as the world turns

by Battle » Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Maybe they could use instant replay on every pitch.... With four different angles...We would still be watching last weeks game but hey...at least they got it right. (sarcasm)
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by as the world turns » Fri May 29, 2015 10:04 pm

What else would I expect from the ASA is the best dude. :lol:
Please, don't improve anything - the game is perfect just the way it is. :roll:
as the world turns

by PDad » Sat May 30, 2015 9:53 am

as the world turns wrote:Watching the UCLA vs Michigan game and ESPN is using the strike box feature (thank you). Several called strikes are not even close - what an embarrassment. I wish they would use it for every pitch.

I don't share your faith in the accuracy of ESPN's strike box, especially at the top and bottom of the zone that needs to be adjusted for each batter. It's main value is pitches that miss the zone inside/outside.

Here's a thought - enhance it for HBP's to show whether the ball was entirely in the batter's box or not. I'd like to see whether some umpires are too generous on it, which is my suspicion.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:27 am

PDad wrote:
as the world turns wrote:Watching the UCLA vs Michigan game and ESPN is using the strike box feature (thank you). Several called strikes are not even close - what an embarrassment. I wish they would use it for every pitch.

I don't share your faith in the accuracy of ESPN's strike box, especially at the top and bottom of the zone that needs to be adjusted for each batter. It's main value is pitches that miss the zone inside/outside.

Here's a thought - enhance it for HBP's to show whether the ball was entirely in the batter's box or not. I'd like to see whether some umpires are too generous on it, which is my suspicion.

I agree with PDad... HB needs a LIKE/DISLIKE button... :D
GRANADAFAN01

by Battle » Sat May 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Wait...what? The umps have taken away more HBP than over the past few years. That is one thing I thought you would praise the umps on this year...I guess the crying and bitching runs deep this year. :(
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by as the world turns » Sat May 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Funny how the ASA zombies and are also the blind defenders of the blues :lol:
as the world turns

by Battle » Sat May 30, 2015 4:54 pm

as the world turns wrote:Funny how the ASA zombies and are also the blind defenders of the blues :lol:

LOL...Bet you are the one that's still yelling, "Hey blue, tie goes to the runner!". :lol:
Battle

by as the world turns » Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Hey Zombie, how about that great wrong call on the steal at second base that allowed UCLA to score another run? Clint was pissed. Great job Zombies.
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions