Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

teaching kids to stretch

What's on your mind?

by 3Bsnag » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:30 pm

So, it's the beginning of the season and DD has 2 pulled muscles already and not because she took the winter off.
Between basketball (coach is a former D1 softball coach), school athletics, strength and conditioning at a well known performance shop, lessons, and softball practice, not one person except dumb old mom even mentions stretching after a workout. Not that the pulled muscles are their fault since I believe there comes an age where kids have to think for themselves, BUT a little help from the experts would be nice.

Sometimes I think she would just turn circles picking her nose if I didn't give her direction. Please someone tell me she's getting close to the age (now 12) that she thinks for herself?????
3Bsnag

by xxxYerOut » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:55 pm

3Bsnag wrote:So, it's the beginning of the season and DD has 2 pulled muscles already and not because she took the winter off.
Between basketball (coach is a former D1 softball coach), school athletics, strength and conditioning at a well known performance shop, lessons, and softball practice, not one person except dumb old mom even mentions stretching after a workout. Not that the pulled muscles are their fault since I believe there comes an age where kids have to think for themselves, BUT a little help from the experts would be nice.

Sometimes I think she would just turn circles picking her nose if I didn't give her direction. Please someone tell me she's getting close to the age (now 12) that she thinks for herself?????

I don't know. My niece is in college and STILL giving her Mom fits. She is thinking for herself, but not drawing any conclusions that most of us as adults would.
xxxYerOut

Return to Fastpitch Discussions