Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The End is Near.......

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Thu May 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
jonriv wrote:BTW- photo was taken by "he's not my boyfriend......." :D

I'm still in denial about a lot of things :D

Check his Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Acount, FICO score, policebotter.com, etc., etc.. :lol:

As Sgt Hans Schultz said "I know nothing......"
jonriv

by jtat32 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 pm

Sounds like it was a great journey for your DD jonriv - congrats!

I hope you'll still hang out here from time to time.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sat May 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Watching the Big 10 Championship and gearing up for the WCWS, and thought of many of you who have or wil be watching your DDs play for the last time. For me that ended a while back with a career ending injury to my DD (not brought on by overuse, btw).

JR, congrats to your daughter for all her accomplishments. Thanks for the updates. It is very cool to see a young lady play for the love of the game while getting a top notch education to boot. She truly exemplifies what collegiate athletics is all about.

Hope the test of you enjoy these last few weeks. I have followed so many of your kids from TB on, as my kid's teammates, opponets, and in a few cases, players she just admired because of how they played the game. and who they were as people.

I find myself not rooting for college teams much, but for each of your kids' at bats, defensive plays and performance in the circle.

For those of you who just starting out or in the heat of the battle of TB and all the fun, agony and drama it brings, read Caitlin Lowes' farewell and follow her advice - Honor The Game. Dont fuck this up and it will give you some of the most rewarding moments and cherished memories of your life.
ontheblack

by jonriv » Tue May 12, 2015 1:33 am

Enjoy the journey. Don't sweat the small stuff. Make sure it's "her" passion. Sit back and watch her play and enjoy!

My dd lived softball right to the end and it was my privilege to watch her
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue May 19, 2015 7:19 am

Graduation happened Saturday morning and spent the rest of the weekend watching softball on TV with DD. A new chapter...................................
jonriv

by fasterpitch92701 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:27 am

Jonriv... I'm right there with ya !

Daughter graduated. Nice ceremony. For the senior players, somewhat bittersweet as was to be expected.

We rented a local house, 300 yards from campus, for the last two months of school. It was a "last flame out" of watching our daughter play. We decided to make the absolute most of it for all the reasons you noted. Time passes too quickly. We visited a lot of NESCAC schools and put 3K+ miles on the rental car touring the east coast. The season was "ok", not great, but they beat their #1 rival, aka, The Evil Empire. I won't mention "Williams" but you can probably guess it. Daughter did great in the rival games, picked off a runner at second, picked off a runner at first, made some great catches, called the games, hit better than her .398 season BA... stole a couple bases... to the point that the Evil Empire coach (after daughter stole home) claimed she must have been out "because she's not a rocket!" (yelled quite loudly). Actually, based on demonstrated events, maybe she is.

Had a nice surprise when the coach met up with us after graduation with an MVP trophy for my daughter.

It goes way too quick. No regrets other than I wish it had been 6 or 8 years of college ball. It was too much fun for both my daughter and us. But, now, new challenges, grad school, etc....

Wishing you well....
fasterpitch92701

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions