Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The End is Near.......

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 am

Did not end as planned- two losses in playoffs. DD hit to bombs caught at the fence. Oh well.

I'm still in denial :D
Attachments
theend.jpg
theend.jpg (13.93 KiB) Viewed 4738 times
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Tue May 05, 2015 9:14 am

A sincere heart felt, congratulations Mr.Jonriv, you are now the proud parent of a college softball graduate..
Great job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for all your updates, financial info, East Coast weather reports, etc. Congrats to your DD on her oustanding achievements in and out of the classroom. I'll bet she already has job interviews/offers awaiting her.

Now you can just sit back and laugh at the rest of us who are going through it or will someday be going through it, although that's probably not your style.

Thanks again!
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Tue May 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, it may not have ended as planned, but it looks like it ended well - I see a happy kid who has had success on the field and in the classroom - ready for the next phase of life. None of us should ask for more than that.

My kid's season will go on at least for this weekend - made the NCAA's and have a better draw than last year (not in the same regional as Tufts). They have a chance to set the program record for wins in a season - hope they do it!

It means another plane ride back east - not that I'm complaining. At least this weekend, the forecast is for really nice weather - 'bout time!
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cannonball » Tue May 05, 2015 5:32 pm

jonriv, congratulations to your dd for having what it takes to be a collegiate athlete.

My dd's team won their conference tournament and will host as long as they play. They, however, have one of the toughest regional brackets in the nation if you consider that the #8 seed had 42 wins. They will play on Friday and the weather is for storms which could be severe.

UMSL has won the GLVC Tournament 3 times in a row and so, I am proud, not only of my dd, but also of the team/coaches. That is a tremendous feat. When dd went there, the talk was to just split DHs. Now, they have put together back to back to back 40 win seasons. They went 27-26 her freshman year. Wow, the difference now. We are hoping to make it to Oklahoma. Then again, so are a bunch of other teams. LOL!
Granny said sonny stick to your guns if you believe in something no matter what because it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

CoachB25 on other boards.
Cannonball

by jonriv » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 am

Happy to report that DD has had a job with a top financial firm(and a nice salary) since Christmas Break. Her Senior teammates also have jobs. Cleared out her locker the other day. Graduation on May 16. Looking forward to watching the WCWS with her.

Hit4power- Good luck in the NCAAs and enjoy. It's a great experience. Hopefully you can avoid Tufts for as long as possible. Watch out for WPI- have two junk ball pitchers and a line-up that will small ball you to death. A frustrating team to lose to.
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed May 06, 2015 9:19 am

BTW- photo was taken by "he's not my boyfriend......." :D

I'm still in denial about a lot of things :D
jonriv

by hit4power » Wed May 06, 2015 9:59 am

Hit4power- Good luck in the NCAAs and enjoy. It's a great experience. Hopefully you can avoid Tufts for as long as possible. Watch out for WPI- have two junk ball pitchers and a line-up that will small ball you to death. A frustrating team to lose to.

Thanks for the head's up on WPI. Of course, the prize for winning this regional is Tufts....sigh....
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Congratulations Jonriv and best of luck to your DD and family!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed May 06, 2015 4:02 pm

jonriv wrote:BTW- photo was taken by "he's not my boyfriend......." :D

I'm still in denial about a lot of things :D

Check his Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Acount, FICO score, policebotter.com, etc., etc.. :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions