Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

The End is Near.......

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:32 am

I am down to the last games of my Daughter's softball career. Barring a long run in the NEWMAC playoffs and an unlikely NCAA appearance- We are looking at less than ten games left :( I thought this season would be rather melancholy, but instead it has been one of the more enjoyable seasons I can remember. I am going to more games-will see ALL the remaining and just enjoy. I still love the fact that my daughter Lindsey gets so much joy and is so passionate about playing. I still like the fact she want me to bring her a bottle of gatorade before games and we get to enjoy an Italian Combo between games. I will miss these times, but have no regrets at all. I will miss the games and the anticipation of games too.

For those out there with younger daughters-enjoy the time, it goes way too fast. Enjoy th long car rides and te time spent with your dughter-for they are priceless. I just hope I can hold it together when the end comes...
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 am

Enjoy her (and your) last games!
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 am

Thanks for sharing her journey with us these last few years.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 am

Great post!
fontana10!

by DC Dad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Great Post!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
- Ferris
DC Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:26 pm

You're a lucky man, JR. These are memories for a lifetime. Enjoy...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:12 pm

The end is still a year away for me, but I can't believe how fast time has gone by. We will be up your way for NESCACs in a week and a bit and then who knows if anything comes after that. You are so right, no one should miss a minute if you can manage it. Fasterpitch and I finally met two weekends ago when our kids teams played each other (and yes, we probably have pictures of each other taking pictures) and I know this is his DD's last season, also. Congrats all around and enjoy those last games!
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Inthestands » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:21 pm

We are just ending the freshman year for our daughter. She said on the weekend that she could not believe how fast it went. It seems like only yesterday we were loading her into her dorm room and saying good bye. 3 years from now I am not sure how this time of year will feel.

You wrap so much of your life and routine around ball. At rep its hauling coolers every weekend to a different park and landing in yet again another hotel. College mode was a change....a welcome one I think. When we headed to spring training and I mentioned where we would be staying and she said[i]....."I like that place I'll have my own room and bath room....no wait I stay with the team!"[/i].....now we are in college mode.

Its going to be hard to get used to no ball one day.
Inthestands

by CheckWriter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Same for me (the not many more games left part). Headed to Ithaca for what is looking like the last four games ... ever.

Had a great senior weekend two weeks ago, they won all four games. DD hit one HR in each game of the double header last Sunday. Having a solid (not spectacular) senior year.

Fortunately will be able to relive a lot of it (probably to the annoyance of the Fam Bam) ad nauseam due to the approximately 34,000 pictures I have taken (that's not counting older DD who finished 2 years ago) of DD and her team mates over the last 4 years.

I think they enjoyed it but are done. Neither of them ever had a completely healthy season and as much as they love playing, look forward to less pain.

Anyway, enjoy the end of an era. I, for one, am also looking forward to whatever comes next.

Congrats to your DDs that are finishing, in the thick of it or just starting.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm

My oldest DD1, finished her last year last season, and like yours Checkwriter, she said, I am looking forward to healing up for once. This is the one who did not play 140 games a season. She graduates next month - I am looking forward to that. Its so fun when she is home, talking about all times we had in softball , her boy friend came quite a bit last year and got to see her play a lot. It could be that she may be involved in the

DD2 is in a sit out year , she will play again next year, and we are all looking forward to that. The sitting out has been very challenging for her, but thats life's choices, she gets to work out with the team and that has been very good for her. Its going to be interesting when she is done in a couple years- she loves the game so much, it wouldnt surprise me to see her stay involved at some level.

And like you, I have several hundred thousands pictures, so I am going to have years of fun , looking through them.

I enjoyed the heck out of the last couple of hours, watching Art's kid pitch against Arizona, I have seen quite a few of our group's kids plays, a few in person, but others on TV, like I have seen both of mine play, my next is to see Peter's kid pitch, I have gotten close a couple of times, but struck out. Now Pale Rider's kid may be my next kid of our group to see play, but that will probably be in a year or two. It would be fun to have a old fart's reunion, hopefully in some cool place , like at the Mary Nutter. And I dont think the End is Near.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions