Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

10U National team- opinons wanted

What's on your mind?

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:23 am

addiction wrote:
DonnieS wrote:>> If you are complaining about Daddy Ball...there is just one fact that you need to know...your kid just isn't that good. <<

Dead on, Sam. I have never heard a more accurate statement made regarding coaches and the inevitable pita parents. I may get some t-shirts made up with that on it and sell them, heck, give them away to fellow coaches.

I knew I could smoke a few of you daddy ballers out :lol: :roll:

FYI, yes, I have coached several seasons of rec ball and put my blood, seat and tears into the league, and yes, my DD made all-stars all but one season in rec ball

I understand that daddy has to coach and help run the league, what I dont understand is why they let a guy or girl coach an all-star team when their own DD isnt even worthy of a spot on the team, they should allow a person to be the all-star coach IF their DD is really good enough, not so their DD can get a free unearned ride. I got sick of seeing weak teams assembled because of the back door "you vote for my DD ill vote for yours" crap going on. I got tired of seeing kids who deserved to be on the all-star team get the shaft because their parents were not coaches or board members, not part of the little "clique" of butt kissers and leg humpers.

"If you are complaining about Daddy Ball...there is just one fact that you need to know...your kid just isn't that good" that statement is complete BS and you know this

Which "daddyballer" are you claiming to have "smoked out"? Sam the 18 Gold coach or Donnie with the DD committed to Texas A&M?

Just curious.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by addiction » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:29 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:
addiction wrote:
DonnieS wrote:>> If you are complaining about Daddy Ball...there is just one fact that you need to know...your kid just isn't that good. <<

Dead on, Sam. I have never heard a more accurate statement made regarding coaches and the inevitable pita parents. I may get some t-shirts made up with that on it and sell them, heck, give them away to fellow coaches.

I knew I could smoke a few of you daddy ballers out :lol: :roll:

FYI, yes, I have coached several seasons of rec ball and put my blood, seat and tears into the league, and yes, my DD made all-stars all but one season in rec ball

I understand that daddy has to coach and help run the league, what I dont understand is why they let a guy or girl coach an all-star team when their own DD isnt even worthy of a spot on the team, they should allow a person to be the all-star coach IF their DD is really good enough, not so their DD can get a free unearned ride. I got sick of seeing weak teams assembled because of the back door "you vote for my DD ill vote for yours" crap going on. I got tired of seeing kids who deserved to be on the all-star team get the shaft because their parents were not coaches or board members, not part of the little "clique" of butt kissers and leg humpers.

"If you are complaining about Daddy Ball...there is just one fact that you need to know...your kid just isn't that good" that statement is complete BS and you know this

Which "daddyballer" are you claiming to have "smoked out"? Sam the 18 Gold coach or Donnie with the DD committed to Texas A&M?

Just curious.

GEEEEEZUS :roll:

I guess we cant joke around and rib each other once in awhile or even discuss anything :roll:

didnt you see the laughing icon next to my comment? :x
addiction

by addiction » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 am

Gone in 2.6 wrote:
Luv_SC wrote:Last year at nationals for 10u it seemed as a lot of states has assembled Nationals Team. Meaning that they took the best 13-15 players and combined teams vs taking a team that had played together during the season. I think this would be the best way for California to be sucessful in that age group. This year especially the 10u division seems watered down. There is not the talent of last year and definitely not of the 95's. Does anyone else think sending two teams vs seven is a better option? I personally think the 10u division is weak and there are way too many teams. I have only been involved with travel for three years but some of the teams out there wouldnt give a decent all star team a run and definitely should not be playing at the travel level. I have yet to see a strong team and honestly do not think that one will emerge there are probabley 4 good quality teams but none that can compete at a national level and none that I see becoming strong enough in the upcoming months. Combine two or three of those and then being able to compete at nationals would be a whole different story. Just wondering what others thought of this idea?

Is this for real?

Warning: Unsolicited advice coming.......

Many of us are a little embarrassed when we look back at our outlook back in 10u. You can save yourself some of that embarrassment by stepping back and mixing in a little perspective. Because when your DD is College, Gold, 16's or maybe as soon as 14's, you will look at this thread and slap yourself upside the head. Repeatedly.

I agree :oops: :lol:
addiction

by Sam » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:48 am

addiction wrote:
Sam wrote: I couldn't name even a handfull of coaches' kids that weren't good ball players.

I can but I wont :lol:

Hey, you're anonymous...you could do it...if you knew any...but you obviously don't.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Gone in 2.6 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:10 am

addiction wrote:

GEEEEEZUS :roll:

I guess we cant joke around and rib each other once in awhile or even discuss anything :roll:

didnt you see the laughing icon next to my comment? :x

There was no anger or malice in my post. I guess I should have used one of the aforementioned smiley icons.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by addiction » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:12 am

Sam wrote:
addiction wrote:
Sam wrote: I couldn't name even a handfull of coaches' kids that weren't good ball players.

I can but I wont :lol:

Hey, you're anonymous...you could do it...if you knew any...but you obviously don't.

aint gonna work :lol:
addiction

by Sam » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 am

aint gonna work :lol:[/quote]

Doesn't matter if "it works" or not...consider your credibility effectively destroyed.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:28 am

Sam wrote:Doesn't matter if "it works" or not...consider your credibility effectively destroyed.

nevermind, it keeps shutting down
Last edited by artomatic on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by addiction » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Sam wrote:aint gonna work :lol:

Doesn't matter if "it works" or not...consider your credibility effectively destroyed.[/quote]

still aint gonna work :lol:
addiction

by Luv_SC » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Boy did we get off topic. Anyway I agree with both of you. Most of us like myself who have managed, coached, been on boards for our rec leagues have kids whom were on all stars the whole time. I think most of it has to do with the fact that our kids are there at the fields with us for countless hours we do extra practice, live for softball and thats just how it is. I think if they hadnt shown talent for softball we would not have been so involved and interested I would have found something else they were good at and we were interested in. I have nothing for respect for all those that devote countless hours to leagues and quite frankly most of those individuals have kids that deserve to be on the team.

As for travel ball early I started my daughter 1st year 10's cause she and I couldnt wait around and wait for all stars. It was hard for her to be a good player and not be able to be on a team filled with comparable players. Unfortunately we are not from a strong league and if we are going to travel to play rec ball then why not just do travel. She can be with a strong group of players, great coaches and learn how to play with a team for at least a year, if not longer. I think the luxury of travel is you get to choose your team, coaches and not have to manage or keep your fingers crossed and hope for a good season. There was no way after taking the first travel that I was letting the second not play travel in 10u. Its a hard world and yes she is 9 and its sometimes a bit much and who know she may be burned out in 4 year maybe even less but its a chance I am willing to take instead of sitting around each year waiting for all stars and hoping not to get the coach with 5 new girls and an asistant whom has never seen a softaball game wait never even seen a softball.
Luv_SC

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions