Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Time for rule change?

What's on your mind?

by Phantomz08 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Why not just teach the kid the proper way to pitch and then nobody would have to worry about it? Who is putting it in their head that it is an advantage to do it? Pitching coach, daddy??
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon May 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Phantomz08 wrote:Why not just teach the kid the proper way to pitch and then nobody would have to worry about it? Who is putting it in their head that it is an advantage to do it? Pitching coach, daddy??

I didn't post it, but did see it called more this year. (college DII level)
Against my dd's team and against opponent, in both cases found the base runner advancement momentary confusing, a delay of game. In all cases it was not drastic or even obvious.
The rule is the rule,, Just seemed off the wall in the cases I observed.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Mon May 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Phantomz08 wrote:Why not just teach the kid the proper way to pitch and then nobody would have to worry about it???
By proper you mean legal?

Phantomz08 wrote: Who is putting it in their head that it is an advantage to do it? Pitching coach, daddy??

Might just be their own natural athletic impulses as they try to transfer as much energy to the ball as possible.
Mark H

by Mark H » Mon May 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Safebyahare wrote:The rule is the rule,, .

Yes, but should it be the rule considering the best long term interests of the sport?
Mark H

by eclipse09 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Mark H wrote:

Yes, but should it be the rule considering the best long term interests of the sport?

.....your story has become tiresome......this is the part of Hey Bucket where we dance!!!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

eclipse09 wrote:
Mark H wrote:

.....your story has become tiresome......this is the part of Hey Bucket where we dance!!!!

b

No tiresome is reading dads whining about calls, lack of calls, umpires etc. Someone wants to cry about that then I'm going to ask why we have the rule in the first place. Been watching the IPs and reading the whining for years. Finally got a belly full.
Mark H

by eclipse09 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Mark H wrote:
eclipse09 wrote:
Mark H wrote:

b

No tiresome is reading dads whining about calls, lack of calls, umpires etc. Someone wants to cry about that then I'm going to ask why we have the rule in the first place. Been watching the IPs and reading the whining for years. Finally got a belly full.

Cue the german techno music.......da di da........
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mark H » Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Whatever that means.

When I first heard crying about pitchers legality it was on gold medal winner Christa Williams and that was a long time ago. It's only gotten worse. If it was going to get better without a rules change it already would have so live with it or push for a rules change.

Or maybe it's on me. I just need to quit reading any thread with people whining about pitchers getting called, not getting called etc.
Mark H

by eclipse09 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Mark H wrote:Whatever that means.

When I first heard crying about pitchers legality it was on gold medal winner Christa Williams and that was a long time ago. It's only gotten worse. If it was going to get better without a rules change it already would have so live with it or push for a rules change.

Or maybe it's on me. I just need to quit reading any thread with people whining about pitchers getting called, not getting called etc.

It is a reference to a SNL skit. Would have been funny if you've seen it. Sprockets? Dieter?

Understand, but I don't think it would make the sport better by changing it. I think it does give the pitcher an advantage with a different angle. I like more offense anyway when I am watching games (my daughter is a pitcher so you would think I would be for it).

As far as the whiners.......an ignored whining troll gathers no moss!!
eclipse09
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 am

After watching a few clips on youtube of mens faspitch, I noticed something.
They really don't hop high at all. It really doesn't change the angle of the trajectory.
If anything it allows more velocity/speed without the drag, and it probably adds an inch or two to the release point closer to the plate.(again free from drag).
Sometimes a little change is good. Just ask the panhandler.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions