Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

What's The Farthest You've Ever Seen a HR Hit By An 18u?

What's on your mind?

by Gone in 2.6 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 am

NumeroUno wrote:Gone in 2.6 that picture is sweet thank you for posting that..So how far did the ball go?

That is a nice swing.....

Jessica Spigner you're my hero.....
:D :D

I'm not great at estimating distance. However, I was chatting with an 18 Gold coach last Sunday at the Surf City thing and the subject of this hit came up (he happened to see it). I asked him how far he thought it went and he said it was 280' easy.
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by dittoz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:08 pm

We have a 12u who as a 10 frequently hit low liners that would clear a 200' fence (if they put up fences in 10u ball!)

Not the tallest girl out there, but she is incredibly strong in anybody's world.
At 11, she pinned my 15yr old son who is not a small lad...
dittoz

by wadeintothem » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:21 pm

I had a JO player (I cant remember what age group, it was a few years back.. 16's or 18's) hit my car at Louis park in Stockton and it was parked across the street by where the train/park is (right by where the alligator comes out at the little kid train - any familiar with the Stockton fields knows where this is).

it was a monster shot that dented my rear quarter panel in from the top. Did a pretty good job on it.

Luckily, about a year later, I hit a deer and claimed that also as part of the damage and was finally able to get it fixed.

I'm guessing 250+/- feet (I dont remember this fields dimensions exactly).

That was a monster shot.

And I didnt give them the pleasure of knowing it was my car they hit either... they were hooting it up enough already just for hitting any car.
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by ssarge » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:04 am

I had a JO player (I cant remember what age group, it was a few years back.. 16's or 18's) hit my car at Louis park in Stockton and it was parked across the street by where the train/park is (right by where the alligator comes out at the little kid train - any familiar with the Stockton fields knows where this is).

it was a monster shot that dented my rear quarter panel in from the top. Did a pretty good job on it.

I'm guessing 250+/- feet (I dont remember this fields dimensions exactly).

A lot further than that. The Louis Park fences are between 250 and 260. As I recall it is 254 down the LF line on the field you are referencing. They also are 8' tall. I would guess it is about 280, maybe a little more to where your car was parked. If she hit the car with a ball in the air, it was titanic.

Regards,

Scott
ssarge

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions