Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

USA Junior Olympic Cup update

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:46 pm

fontana10! wrote:Pdad, unless I'm reading the pool play games wrong, Dutton's team is in the tournament. Also, I actually surprised by how many quality teams decided to play in this rather than PGF. It's really a surprising inaugural tournament to me. I didn't expect that time of turnout.

Which part of "18G Nats" did you not understand? Scratch that, I need to be more respectful towards you...

The verdict is in - there are only 53 teams at 18G Nats and Dutton isn't one of them!

My statement was about ASA 18-Gold Nationals and Dutton not being there. I think Dutton has been on the list for JO Cup since the beginning.

The earlier discussion was about about whether JO Cup was helping 18G Nats or weakening it. I apologize for not being clearer. Please let me know if you have any questions.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fontana10! » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Pdad I thought you were referring to the subject title which is Junior Olympic Cup. I didn't read all the previous entries. My bad....
fontana10!

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:13 pm

PDad wrote:Looks like a lot of teams opted for "somewhere else"... 18G is short 11 teams and 16G is short 15 of 48.

...And? I think you are missing the big picture here. Do you really think that ASA didn't anticipate this? If so, you are really drinking the PGF Kool -Aid. They are testing the waters for events to come per se. If you think for one minute that ASA couldn't come up with something to drown PGF in their own vomit, if they have a mind to, then you have your head in the sand more than I thought but ASA doesn't care about PGF. They are a mom and pop store(PGF) who thinks they're today's Amazon comparable to Walmart(ASA).

As far as Dutton, he is doing exactly what he needs to do. There may not be a "gold" as we've known it, in a few years. ;)

I'm waiting on Norcal to team up with TC and start holding their own Nationals. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet honestly. :mrgreen:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Looks like a lot of teams opted for "somewhere else"... 18G is short 11 teams and 16G is short 15 of 48.

...And? I think you are missing the big picture here. (Please lay out the big picture for all of us to see. :roll: Evidently you've had an epiphany, because you sure didn't see it in April.) Do you really thing that ASA didn't anticipate this? (thing? think - YES!) If so, you are really drinking the PGF Kool -Aid. They are testing the waters for events to come per se. (So, ASA degraded their top event to test the waters?! LMAO Please, tell us what else is coming.) If you think for one minute that ASA couldn't come up with something to drown PGF in their own vomit, if they have a mind to, then you have your head in the sand more than I thought but ASA doesn't care about PGF. They are a mom and pop store(PGF) comparable to Walmart (ASA). (More tedious venting from someone butthurt because ASA is no longer king of the heap. smh)

As far as Dutton, he is doing exactly what he needs to do. There may not be a "gold" as we've known it in a few years. ;) (Correction - There has not been a "gold" as we've known it for a few years.)

I'm waiting on Norcal to team up with TC and start holding their own National. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet honestly. :mrgreen:

News flash - TCS has been holding their own National for a few years and alternating it between NoCal/NV and the East (NY, GA). They're smart enough to not go head-to-head with PGF. ESPN thought they held all the cards and failed miserably trying to do it at their place in Florida.

No one has ALL the top 50 teams and that's true in CO and for Nationals. Competition amongst the sanctions is good because it keeps them from totally screwing over the participants. There will always be a few 'elite' teams that go Plan B because they're butthurt about not getting the recognition/treatment they think they deserve.

Tell us now, before it starts, whether JO Cup will be held again next year. If so, will ASA bother holding Gold qualifiers - or will Gold Nats become a pay-to-play event?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:01 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:

...And? I think you are missing the big picture here. (Please lay out the big picture for all of us to see. :roll: Evidently you've had an epiphany, because you sure didn't see it in April.) Do you really thing that ASA didn't anticipate this? (thing? think - YES!) If so, you are really drinking the PGF Kool -Aid. They are testing the waters for events to come per se. (So, ASA degraded their top event to test the waters?! LMAO Please, tell us what else is coming.) If you think for one minute that ASA couldn't come up with something to drown PGF in their own vomit, if they have a mind to, then you have your head in the sand more than I thought but ASA doesn't care about PGF. They are a mom and pop store(PGF) comparable to Walmart (ASA). (More tedious venting from someone butthurt because ASA is no longer king of the heap. smh)

As far as Dutton, he is doing exactly what he needs to do. There may not be a "gold" as we've known it in a few years. ;) (Correction - There has not been a "gold" as we've known it for a few years.)

I'm waiting on Norcal to team up with TC and start holding their own National. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet honestly. :mrgreen: Changing my post to accentuate your mindless view on this is not becoming of you. :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:57 pm

PDad wrote:News flash - TCS has been holding their own National for a few years and alternating it between NoCal/NV and the East (NY, GA). No shit Sherlock. I was referring to Norcal holding an event like PGF. Did you honestly not get the point of that? They're smart enough to not go head-to-head with PGF. ESPN thought they held all the cards and failed miserably trying to do it at their place in Florida.

No one has ALL the top 50 teams and that's true in CO and for Nationals. Competition amongst the sanctions is good because it keeps them from totally screwing over the participants. There will always be a few 'elite' teams that go Plan B because they're butthurt about not getting the recognition/treatment they think they deserve.

Tell us now, before it starts, whether JO Cup will be held again next year. If so, will ASA bother holding Gold qualifiers - or will Gold Nats become a pay-to-play event? Who knows. Why does it matter anyway? The weather won't be perfect wherever it is and that is the most important thing. :roll:
Battle

by fontana10! » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:09 pm

I wasn't around when ASA was the main organization per se. However, PGF is clearly trying to add teams from other states by giving them invitations and at large berths. Many of these teams never attempted to compete in a qualifier. From all I've read, PGF was started to eliminate things like this. For instance, if you finished 14th as a 2nd year 12u at nationals, how in the world could the EXPERIENCED BOARD offer that team a Premier invitation to 14u nationals? Also, giving some of these teams from Salt Lake City and Idaho berths/invites is absorb. This tournament was originated to bring the best teams to one location to compete for a championship. It's a big time buddy system. The worst I've ever seen in regards to sports.
fontana10!

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:28 pm

fontana10! wrote:I wasn't around when ASA was the main organization per se. However, PGF is clearly trying to add teams from other states by giving them invitations and at large berths. Many of these teams never attempted to compete in a qualifier. From all I've read, PGF was started to eliminate things like this. For instance, if you finished 14th as a 2nd year 12u at nationals, how in the world could the EXPERIENCED BOARD offer that team a Premier invitation to 14u nationals? Also, giving some of these teams from Salt Lake City and Idaho berths/invites is absorb. This tournament was originated to bring the best teams to one location to compete for a championship. It's a big time buddy system. The worst I've ever seen in regards to sports.

Owners and partners with top teams....Hmmm. The argument could be made that some were top teams for years but what better way to guarantee that? I never thought of it that way. So when that blown call costs you the game....well...oh never mind, I'm sure they would never resort to that so scratch that comment.
Battle

by fontana10! » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Battle I'm not suggesting the board at PGF cheats in any way. I'm sure their are some class guys running it. I'm just stating an obvious observation, PGF is trying to grow and is going away from what it was intended to do. Which was bring the best teams together.
fontana10!

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:38 pm

fontana10! wrote:Battle I'm not suggesting the board at PGF cheats in any way. I'm sure their are some class guys running it. I'm just stating an obvious observation, PGF is trying to grow and is going away from what it was intended to do. Which was bring the best teams together.

Why does that surprise you? They have gone against just about everything they started with...invites, prices, etc...I'm not suggesting anything either but it sure looks suspicious....I wonder what PGF was like prior to their get-together national. Were they a showcase? Did anybody other than the money holders get the good fields?...or was the national the beginning of PGF?
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions