Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

USA Junior Olympic Cup update

What's on your mind?

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Looks like a lot of teams opted for "somewhere else"... 18G is short 11 teams and 16G is short 15 of 48.

...And? I think you are missing the big picture here. (Please lay out the big picture for all of us to see. :roll: Evidently you've had an epiphany, because you sure didn't see it in April.) Do you really thing that ASA didn't anticipate this? (thing? think - YES!) If so, you are really drinking the PGF Kool -Aid. They are testing the waters for events to come per se. (So, ASA degraded their top event to test the waters?! LMAO Please, tell us what else is coming.) If you think for one minute that ASA couldn't come up with something to drown PGF in their own vomit, if they have a mind to, then you have your head in the sand more than I thought but ASA doesn't care about PGF. They are a mom and pop store(PGF) comparable to Walmart (ASA). (More tedious venting from someone butthurt because ASA is no longer king of the heap. smh)

As far as Dutton, he is doing exactly what he needs to do. There may not be a "gold" as we've known it in a few years. ;) (Correction - There has not been a "gold" as we've known it for a few years.)

I'm waiting on Norcal to team up with TC and start holding their own National. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet honestly. :mrgreen: Changing my post to accentuate your mindless view on this is not becoming of you. :lol:

Is that all you got? Readers can see I inserted my clearly marked comments/responses instead of breaking your post into small fragments.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Oh Battle. You have them on the run now.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:News flash - TCS has been holding their own National for a few years and alternating it between NoCal/NV and the East (NY, GA). No shit Sherlock. I was referring to Norcal holding an event like PGF. Did you honestly not get the point of that? (It was idiotic to suggest NorCal team up with TCS since TCS already has their own National. Are you that oblivious?) They're smart enough to not go head-to-head with PGF. ESPN thought they held all the cards and failed miserably trying to do it at their place in Florida.

No one has ALL the top 50 teams and that's true in CO and for Nationals. Competition amongst the sanctions is good because it keeps them from totally screwing over the participants. There will always be a few 'elite' teams that go Plan B because they're butthurt about not getting the recognition/treatment they think they deserve.

Tell us now, before it starts, whether JO Cup will be held again next year. If so, will ASA bother holding Gold qualifiers - or will Gold Nats become a pay-to-play event? Who knows. Why does it matter anyway? The weather won't be perfect wherever it is and that is the most important thing. :roll:

You claim to see the big picture and know ASA's strategy - prove it or back down.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:41 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Looks like a lot of teams opted for "somewhere else"... 18G is short 11 teams and 16G is short 15 of 48.

...And? I think you are missing the big picture here. (Please lay out the big picture for all of us to see. :roll: Evidently you've had an epiphany, because you sure didn't see it in April.) Do you really thing that ASA didn't anticipate this? (thing? think - YES!) If so, you are really drinking the PGF Kool -Aid. They are testing the waters for events to come per se. (So, ASA degraded their top event to test the waters?! LMAO Please, tell us what else is coming.) If you think for one minute that ASA couldn't come up with something to drown PGF in their own vomit, if they have a mind to, then you have your head in the sand more than I thought but ASA doesn't care about PGF. They are a mom and pop store(PGF) comparable to Walmart (ASA). (More tedious venting from someone butthurt because ASA is no longer king of the heap. smh)

As far as Dutton, he is doing exactly what he needs to do. There may not be a "gold" as we've known it in a few years. ;) (Correction - There has not been a "gold" as we've known it for a few years.)

I'm waiting on Norcal to team up with TC and start holding their own National. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet honestly. :mrgreen: Changing my post to accentuate your mindless view on this is not becoming of you. :lol:

Is that all you got? Readers can see I inserted my clearly marked comments/responses instead of breaking your post into small fragments.

LOL...You seem to be missing the point as usual. Go back and read my post and notice there is no edit. Here is your hint....Thing, Think....Doesn't really mean much but just surprising that you would stoop to that... :lol:
Last edited by Battle on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Battle wrote:They have gone against just about everything they started with...invites, prices, etc...I'm not suggesting anything either but it sure looks suspicious....I wonder what PGF was like prior to their get-together national. Were they a showcase? Did anybody other than the money holders get the good fields?...or was the national the beginning of PGF?

Which is it Battle - you post why they started and then you don't know their genesis? :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:55 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:News flash - TCS has been holding their own National for a few years and alternating it between NoCal/NV and the East (NY, GA). No shit Sherlock. I was referring to Norcal holding an event like PGF. Did you honestly not get the point of that? (It was idiotic to suggest NorCal team up with TCS since TCS already has their own National. Are you that oblivious?) They're smart enough to not go head-to-head with PGF. ESPN thought they held all the cards and failed miserably trying to do it at their place in Florida.

No one has ALL the top 50 teams and that's true in CO and for Nationals. Competition amongst the sanctions is good because it keeps them from totally screwing over the participants. There will always be a few 'elite' teams that go Plan B because they're butthurt about not getting the recognition/treatment they think they deserve.

Tell us now, before it starts, whether JO Cup will be held again next year. If so, will ASA bother holding Gold qualifiers - or will Gold Nats become a pay-to-play event? Who knows. Why does it matter anyway? The weather won't be perfect wherever it is and that is the most important thing. :roll:

You claim to see the big picture and know ASA's strategy - prove it or back down.

How would you like me to prove it? What if I told you that yes, they are planning to move this event around year after year? What kind of proof would you want and why would I do it? I love seeing ASA taking these PGFers by surprise. It's really not ASA's intentions but it has became a past time of mine to watch. Why would I screw that up... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:Which is it Battle - you post why they started and then you don't know their genesis? :roll:

Who started?
Battle

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:... Changing my post to accentuate your mindless view on this is not becoming of you. :lol:

LOL...You seem to be missing the point as usual. Go back and read my post and notice there is no edit. Here is your hint....Thing, Think....Doesn't really mean much but just surprising that you would stoop to that... :lol:

That doesn't prove anything - it doesn't show as edited if done before the next post is added. As far as I know, I picked up an unedited portion when I started my reply.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:04 pm

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:... Changing my post to accentuate your mindless view on this is not becoming of you. :lol:

That doesn't prove anything - it doesn't show as edited if done before the next post is added. As far as I know, I picked up an unedited portion when I started my reply.

Yeah that's probably it... :roll:
Battle

by PDad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:Tell us now, before it starts, whether JO Cup will be held again next year. If so, will ASA bother holding Gold qualifiers - or will Gold Nats become a pay-to-play event? Who knows. Why does it matter anyway? The weather won't be perfect wherever it is and that is the most important thing. :roll:

How would you like me to prove it? What if I told you that yes, they are planning to move this event around year after year? What kind of proof would you want and why would I do it? I love seeing ASA taking these PGFers by surprise. It's really not ASA's intentions but it has became a past time of mine to watch. Why would I screw that up... :lol:

I just want to see you put something out ahead of time to show you really have some inside info. Without that, you're full of BS.

The Arrogant Softball Assn has been flailing around since the inception of PGF to first maintain their stature and then to regain it. It has been comical to watch the missteps of the Keystone Kops while they scurry around. JO Cup was the second time in 4 years they announced a site without locking up the fields first. Oomps!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions