Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

USA Junior Olympic Cup update

What's on your mind?

by yosoftball18 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:50 am

Didn't this happen a few years back when ASA Gold nationals were advertised to be playing in Irvine? PGF already had the fields so they had to play somewhere else. These guys need to do a better job confirming fields with the cities they do business with.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 am

PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:ASA is not sweating PGF and never has contrary to belief. They know PGF will self destruct...ahum...I mean crumble before long anyway on it's own.

Does this help ASA's 18G Nats? Perhaps you can decipher what Dutton said...

“One thing that’s a benefit,” Dutton continued, “is that, as expensive as things are getting with travelling and going to showcases and qualifiers, being able to have the opportunity to be awarded prize money and be awarded something based on previous year’s results was something we saw as beneficial to us. We had a ninth place finish at ASU GOLD Nationals and like that we’ll save money not having to chase a qualifier.”

What is awarded based on previous year's results - the JO Cup berth? Sounds like they're going to JO Cup instead of 18G Nats.

The invite...

I don't see how they got an invite to 18G Nats too, so it appears ASA's JO Cup siphoned team(s) away from their own 18G Nats as well as PGF. Looks like another case of unintended consequences. (ASA: Oops! :oops: )

I'll ask again, does this help ASA's 18G Nats? Seems like the opposite...

The verdict is in - there are only 53 teams at 18G Nats and Dutton isn't one of them!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

All I care about is the parade of umpires at opening ceremonies.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Blind Squirrel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 pm

as the world turns wrote:All I care about is the parade of umpires at opening ceremonies.

Absolutely. Their crop dusting performances border on the sublime.

Scratch-N-Sniff Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm sure it would have been alright with them if you two stayed home... or maybe not home but...just somewhere else. Come to think of it, like it is now. :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Looks like a lot of teams opted for "somewhere else"... 18G is short 11 teams and 16G is short 15 of 48.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 pm

WHAT!! They missed the parade of umpires! And all the long-winded speeches? DQ them!
as the world turns

by fontana10! » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:33 am

Pdad, unless I'm reading the pool play games wrong, Dutton's team is in the tournament. Also, I actually surprised by how many quality teams decided to play in this rather than PGF. It's really a surprising inaugural tournament to me. I didn't expect that time of turnout.
fontana10!

by as the world turns » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:52 am

fontana10! wrote:Pdad, unless I'm reading the pool play games wrong, Dutton's team is in the tournament. Also, I actually surprised by how many quality teams decided to play in this rather than PGF. It's really a surprising inaugural tournament to me. I didn't expect that time of turnout.

and there are teams that I have never heard about....
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:09 am

How much is it to get in and watch the games. It starts next week, right?
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions