Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

USA Junior Olympic Cup update

What's on your mind?

by Battle » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Sam wrote:I didn't like Gary because he decided to $hit on the Gold teams from SoCal who he didn't deem worthy of competing with his teams.

Maybe he didn't want to contribute to other coaches/parents abusing their kids and causing overuse injuries. :roll:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Ed. ASA makes boat loads of money don't kid yourself. As expensive as all these tourneys, showcases n nationals are PGF spends a ton of Cash putting on the best nationals in the country.

And the money that ASA makes gets pumped back to the kids and not the personal bank account of certain individuals. As far as for the best nationals in the country, that is subjective. I will agree that PGF puts on the best nationals for west coast teams.

My feelings on this subject clear. Continuing to argue with a bunch of PGF cheerleaders will just be an exercise in futility from this point forward.

You seem to have a problem with understanding "non profit" status. Just means you spend all you take in, not that nobody makes any money at it. You think all theses ASA people work for free?
The West Coast Nationals is a tired horse that has played out. Have you even looked at the teams and where they come from?
You can be done arguing but it doesn't mean you can post your version of reality and not be called out for it.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Yada, Yada, Yada...Why is it you PGFers can't carry on one sentence without mentioning ASA? Maybe because ASA is the elephant in every PGF room?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:Ed. ASA makes boat loads of money don't kid yourself. As expensive as all these tourneys, showcases n nationals are PGF spends a ton of Cash putting on the best nationals in the country.

And the money that ASA makes gets pumped back to the kids and not the personal bank account of certain individuals. As far as for the best nationals in the country, that is subjective. I will agree that PGF puts on the best nationals for west coast teams.

My feelings on this subject clear. Continuing to argue with a bunch of PGF cheerleaders will just be an exercise in futility from this point forward.

You seem to have a problem with understanding "non profit" status. Just means you spend all you take in, not that nobody makes any money at it. You think all theses ASA people work for free?
The West Coast Nationals is a tired horse that has played out. Have you even looked at the teams and where they come from?
You can be done arguing but it doesn't mean you can post your version of reality and not be called out for it.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Yada, Yada, Yada...Why is it you PGFers can't carry on one sentence without mentioning ASA? Maybe because ASA is the elephant in every PGF room?

Battle old Buddy this is an ASA thread so I think it's probably ok for anyone and everyone posting on this thread to mention ASA, don'tcha think?. ;)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:

Battle old Buddy this is an ASA thread so I think it's probably ok for anyone and everyone posting on this thread to mention ASA, don'tcha think?. ;)

Yep...I wasn't talking about this one in particular. Just making the point, if ASA has lost it's good standing then why would the PGFers as yourself be worried about anything that ASA does?
Battle

by PDad » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:31 am

Spazsdad wrote:Why do you try to equate discussion with worry?
I am going out on a limb and saying I will see you in Chino Hills this summer. You can buy me a drink :D

You're going to Chino Hills? Hmm...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Ed Hill wrote:

Yep...I wasn't talking about this one in particular. Just making the point, if ASA has lost it's good standing then why would the PGFers as yourself be worried about anything that ASA does?

I'm not a "PGFer" necessarily. I see good and bad there. But with ASA I see a lot more bad, especially with the my way or the highway attitude.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
PDad wrote:
I am going out on a limb and saying I will see you in Chino Hills this summer. You can buy me a drink :D

Only to see my good buddy Battle.
I did consider talking my 16u team, using the 18G invite and making some cash though :lol:

16U team still looking that good despite the loss of MM and SN? Nice.

DD faced MM earlier this week and might see SN on Monday. Awesome players...

P.S. Feel free to wipe out this post if the initials seem too transparent and this breaks the unwritten HB rule of no names.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 am

Battle wrote:
Sam wrote:I didn't like Gary because he decided to $hit on the Gold teams from SoCal who he didn't deem worthy of competing with his teams.

Maybe he didn't want to contribute to other coaches/parents abusing their kids and causing overuse injuries. :roll:

Nope. Just an arrogant ass who didn't want to be bothered by having to play teams that were below his level. The problem was that his teams were no longer dominant. He was thinking that he was still in the 1990's with Bruder's Raiders and Gordon's Panthers as the only competition. He was pissed off that some very good talent was choosing to play in programs that weren't part of his GOB network.

He accomplished his goal when SoCal ASA allowed him to change qualifying tournament entry rules and limits on teams. Then he quit and started PGF with similar qualifying rules. He could have left the ASA part alone and started PGF but the egotistical bastard had to ruin ASA first and ruin recruitment possibilities for lots of young ladies who would have been seen at the SoCal ASA qualifier playing against top competition.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
PDad wrote:

Only to see my good buddy Battle.
I did consider talking my 16u team, using the 18G invite and making some cash though :lol:

I'd make the trip to Chino Hell to see Battle - especially if he shared refreshments from home.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by airbear » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:46 am

Sam wrote:
Battle wrote:[quote="Sam"He could have left the ASA part alone and started PGF but the egotistical bastard had to ruin ASA first and ruin recruitment possibilities for lots of young ladies who would have been seen at the SoCal ASA qualifier playing against top competition.

I can't speak from experience about the OCBB tactics to ruin So Cal ASA, but ASA handed their current national situation on a platter to PGF. They got exactly what they deserved. They complained of the rules process being slow because of slow pitch and promptly made 90% of the changes we were asking for the following year after PGF was formed. I'm not particularly happy that California runs the national elite softball tournament process, but it is better than ASA. If we want to play the nation's best, we have to make the trip out west. It is what it is.
airbear

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions