What's on your mind?

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:48 pm

It's apparently going over like a lead balloon:

https://www.fullcountsoftball.com/2015/ ... update-33/
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:20 pm

ASA extended the deadline to April 1 - how appropriate!
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:47 pm

PDad wrote:ASA extended the deadline to April 1 - how appropriate!

I imagine they could extend it till a week after Hell freezes over and it still not make..

Lame cheesy move by ASA IMHO
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:38 pm

What other National Sanctioning body EVER got so desperate that they made such a preposterous offer? The ASA guys & gals are out of their fricken minds to even try this IMHO. It's a historic fear of their future, they must be losing tourney money on a big scale from PGF & Triple Crown to do something this drastic. I just wanna get a profile on whomever is gonna pony up 6K for a tourney & then put em on a mailing list so when I invent the next "pet rock" I know I have an easy sale :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ed Hill » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 am

I would rather give my money to ASA than give it to the scams that are called PGF or Triple Crown. The people running these organizations are getting rich from the tournaments that they put on. These organizations are their sole means of support and substance. I don't see any ASA board member making a living from ASA Gold or any of the other ASA sponsored tournaments. PGF was created simply to fill certain individuals pockets in my opinion. I guess you cant fault these guys for disparaging anything that keeps the gold from flowing their way.
Ed Hill

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 am

exD1dad wrote:What other National Sanctioning body EVER got so desperate that they made such a preposterous offer? The ASA guys & gals are out of their fricken minds to even try this IMHO. It's a historic fear of their future, they must be losing tourney money on a big scale from PGF & Triple Crown to do something this drastic. I just wanna get a profile on whomever is gonna pony up 6K for a tourney & then put em on a mailing list so when I invent the next "pet rock" I know I have an easy sale :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:07 am

Ed Hill wrote:I would rather give my money to ASA than give it to the scams that are called PGF or Triple Crown. The people running these organizations are getting rich from the tournaments that they put on. These organizations are their sole means of support and substance. I don't see any ASA board member making a living from ASA Gold or any of the other ASA sponsored tournaments. PGF was created simply to fill certain individuals pockets in my opinion. I guess you cant fault these guys for disparaging anything that keeps the gold from flowing their way.

PGF and Triple Crown certainly have their negatives, but rest assured that PGF was created to give an alternative to the Good Ole Boys at ASA whose answer to concerns over and over was always the same - it's our way or the highway.

If there weren't so many disgruntled travel ball organizations with legitimate concerns falling on deaf ears PGF never would have even gotten off the ground let alone been so successful so quickly.

ASA only has themselves to blame.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Hey Ed Hill do you bitch about how much money your neighbors make? How about fellow employees, Parishioners, other TB families, friends, relatives etc???

Competition in business is the American way. Unless you're paying the PGF guys families bills why care what they make & what they do or don't do?

My question so far unanswered is in what Olympic (or non Olympic) sport has any TEAM USA sanctioned governing body EVER had competition (that has scared the bejeebers out of them to the point that they make drastic desperate moves ) like ASA has gotten from PGF? I can only think of individuals that with their own financing took their own road like Bodie Miller
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Ed Hill wrote:I would rather give my money to ASA than give it to the scams that are called PGF or Triple Crown. The people running these organizations are getting rich from the tournaments that they put on. These organizations are their sole means of support and substance. I don't see any ASA board member making a living from ASA Gold or any of the other ASA sponsored tournaments. PGF was created simply to fill certain individuals pockets in my opinion. I guess you cant fault these guys for disparaging anything that keeps the gold from flowing their way.

Wow! We showed up at last summer's PGF Nationals and there were other teams there and everything! Guess we were one of the lucky ones who paid our entry fee and actually played a bunch of games in 75 degree weather :lol: :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ed Hill » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:24 pm

exD1dad wrote:Hey Ed Hill do you bitch about how much money your neighbors make? How about fellow employees, Parishioners, other TB families, friends, relatives etc???

Competition in business is the American way. Unless you're paying the PGF guys families bills why care what they make & what they do or don't do?

My question so far unanswered is in what Olympic (or non Olympic) sport has any TEAM USA sanctioned governing body EVER had competition (that has scared the bejeebers out of them to the point that they make drastic desperate moves ) like ASA has gotten from PGF? I can only think of individuals that with their own financing took their own road like Bodie Miller

Come on Gary. I know you don't like getting called out like this. You use the word "scared" implying that ASA is in full panic mode. I would pose that PGF is the one that is scared with the full on smear campaign that you and your cronies are currently running. The fact of the matter is that I would rather have my kids play for a not for profit organization like ASA anytime over a "for profit" organization like PGF any day of the week. When we played ASA Gold last year, it was refreshing to stay at a hotel of our choice instead of being forced to stay at an "approved" PGF hotel that increased its rates just so that it could afford the kickback to PGF. It is only a matter of time before the luster wears off of PGF and its heavy handed ways.
Ed Hill

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions