Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

13 yr old becomes youngest ever to verbal to UCLA

What's on your mind?

by Tyler Durden » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Safebyahare wrote:I do kina like what tbid33 asked earlier.
What would you do if UCLA offered your 8th grader a scholarship.

I would accept it right away. Then I would hang it on my kids neck like a noose.
Each time she would want to do something else other than practice or prepare for a game I would add a brick to it.
It would choke her and it would consume me to the point that I would f up her life and any father daughter relationship.
I would rob her the chance to enjoy HS life. I would catch her before she feel or made a mistake. She would never learn this life lesson. The wedge and gap would grow until I would loose her. hate and resentment would fill our lives.
Now that is not me,,,,I checked myself on Heybucket and kept it all in perspective and fun.
Now she is like a booger that I can not flick off or wipe under the car seat. Crap she will be back this weekend again!

Yea, to me, this is the worst part. That 'commitment' alters that kid's HS life and HS experiences; and other than the victory lap the family takes, that alteration is not for the better.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Should I call Skarp?
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:21 pm

exD1dad wrote:Should I call Skarp?

You mean light the Skarp signal, right? lol
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 pm

PDad wrote:
exD1dad wrote:Should I call Skarp?

You mean light the Skarp signal, right? lol

"Skarp! Skarp! Skarp! Skarp!..."
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MTR » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Yea, to me, this is the worst part. That 'commitment' alters that kid's HS life and HS experiences; and other than the victory lap the family takes, that alteration is not for the better.

How dare you bring in common sense into a ludicrous debate about something as useless as a paperclip @ a bullfight
MTR

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

I would accept it right away. Then I would hang it on my kids neck like a noose.
Each time she would want to do something else other than practice or prepare for a game I would add a brick to it.
It would choke her and it would consume me to the point that I would f up her life and any father daughter relationship.
I would rob her the chance to enjoy HS life. I would catch her before she feel or made a mistake. She would never learn this life lesson. The wedge and gap would grow until I would loose her. hate and resentment would fill our lives.
Now that is not me,,,,I checked myself on Heybucket and kept it all in perspective and fun.
Now she is like a booger that I can not flick off or wipe under the car seat. Crap she will be back this weekend again!

It doesn't have to be that way.

My kid didn't think it was a notable achievement when she verballed. Neither did my wife or I beyond the $$ it would save us. Consequently no one's life was altered in the slightest beyond the $$. I never wore Oregon gear to a travel game. We never had the urge to take a victory lap because we were happy about saving money.

Parents don't have to look at their kid's play and believe the results are a referendum on the quality of their family or themselves or their kid. I DO however understand that parents who invest a great amount of time working with their kids on their sports have more invested than my wife and I. I think that investment naturally and appropriately causes them to care more about their kid's performance.

And how nice it is to take a trip down memory lane when MTR once again shares his wisdom on a subject in which he demonstrates with jarring clarity that he knows absolutely nothing about. Verbals are useless. Pure Genius, that.

Softballess Squirrel
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Blind Squirrel wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

It doesn't have to be that way.

My kid didn't think it was a notable achievement when she verballed. Neither did my wife or I beyond the $$ it would save us. Consequently no one's life was altered in the slightest beyond the $$. I never wore Oregon gear to a travel game. We never had the urge to take a victory lap because we were happy about saving money.

Parents don't have to look at their kid's play and believe the results are a referendum on the quality of their family or themselves or their kid. I DO however understand that parents who invest a great amount of time working with their kids on their sports have more invested than my wife and I. I think that investment naturally and appropriately causes them to care more about their kid's performance.

And how nice it is to take a trip down memory lane when MTR once again shares his wisdom on a subject in which he demonstrates with jarring clarity that he knows absolutely nothing about. Verbals are useless. Pure Genius, that.

Softballess Squirrel

Early favorite for quote of the year

spot on squirrell
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Ditto that sir Squirrel. And whoever picked up the rock, please put it back down before something else crawls out.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitchdad1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:56 pm

How about we say great job to the player! There is a young lady who is playing a sport and going to college! We are lucky in this country to have our daughters get these kind of opportunities! Google and see how women and young girls live in other places in the world! Even in our own country there are issues with drugs, alcohol, kids dropping out of school, etc! Why not celebrate positive accomplishments?!?!?
Again this young lady is playing and sport and will attend a well respected university to obtain her higher education!!!! Great job to the player and to the family!
Fastpitchdad1

by tbjd33 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Check out Full Count Softball... Mr Eads has an article about a 2020!!!
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions