Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Travel Ball Costs

What's on your mind?

by rfmnz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:54 am

Interested in costs/ballpark figures associated with 12U/14U travel ball (i.e. start up fees, monthly dues, etc.).

I think I had seen a post like this before but couldn't find it..

Thanks.
rfmnz

by B34R DOWN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Just for clarification are you referring to an individual trying to play Travel Ball or for someone to start a Team?
B34R DOWN

by rfmnz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 pm

an individual (i.e. my kid joining a team and me knowing how much I am looking to spend on a monthly/yearly basis).
rfmnz

by PairOfAces » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Varies greatly. Start up fees from $250 to $500. The lower the start-up, the less you (probably) get, i.e. uniform and equipment. Monthly dues are probably at least $100 and could go up to $200 or more. The lower the dues, the more fund raising. Unless you can find one of the sponsored teams. Good luck.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Travel expenses vary greatly according to each team's schedule and can easily exceed what is paid to the team. They can range from staying local to multiple long distance trip$ (e.g. CO, ASA Nats, TC/USA Nats, etc.).

It's a good idea to ask up front what costs are not covered by team dues/fees. Sometimes there are additional fees for practices, workouts, etc.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Also ask if you are required to take lessons from the coach or organization.

Ask if you have to sell 20 raffle tickets @ $10 each for some sort of fundraising event you would never go to or ask anyone to ever go to.

All of these do add up over the course of a season.

Ask where the $$ goes to for the dues...a true transparent organization will tell you the breakdown.

Ask how many tournaments are planned for out of state?

Some organizations are up front and some are there only for your money. There might be some organizations that have sponsors and there aren't dues or dues are reduced.
Hurricane

by CheckWriter » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Not just team fees. Depends a lot on age and geography and where the team plans to travel to play.

In one calendar year (granted the pitching machine and batting cage were purchased that year), I spent as much on two DDs as my brand new (minimally equipped) '05 F-150.

That includes lessons, team fees, airfares (to So Cal, CO, wherever ASA Nats were - pre PGF, hotels, etc.), whatever THE bat was at the time, girls caught back then so that gear was in there.

Not for the faint of heart!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:54 pm

If your daughter loves the game, you will find a way.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61461
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm

BUT...remember it varies...MY costs vs someone living in SoCal area are vastly different...TRUST me :roll:
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rbi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Every time one of my SoCal buddies complain to me about expenses for softball i want to tell them to go find someone else to b.s.. :roll:
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions