Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

not sure how to handle this . . .

What's on your mind?

by B34R DOWN » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Tumblebug wrote:
B34R DOWN wrote:I picked up a used 2010 TechZilla for my DD and she loves it... Thanks for not only making great products, but also being open with consumers about anything questions or comments they may have... I am curious about these 2004 RT bats now that I hear everyone talking about them... Are they on par with the Easton Synengy CNT bats I hear everyone rave about?

I do not compare specific competing products to my own in public nor will I publish field or lab testing result whether or not the results are to my advantage. I think it is bad form. However, I am happy to comment about my own products based on both lab an field tests. My conclusion, in which I have no monetary investment anymore, is that, in the right hands, there are no other bats on the planet that perform better than the 04, 05 and 07 RockeTechs; Bar none.

I repeat the disclaimer, In the right hands.

Ok....

Well I guess my question is what has changed since the 04, 05 and 07 RT in RT technology? Is the 2012-15 models that far inferior?
B34R DOWN

by Tumblebug » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:01 am

B34R DOWN wrote:
Tumblebug wrote:
B34R DOWN wrote:I picked up a used 2010 TechZilla for my DD and she loves it... Thanks for not only making great products, but also being open with consumers about anything questions or comments they may have... I am curious about these 2004 RT bats now that I hear everyone talking about them... Are they on par with the Easton Synengy CNT bats I hear everyone rave about?

I do not compare specific competing products to my own in public nor will I publish field or lab testing result whether or not the results are to my advantage. I think it is bad form. However, I am happy to comment about my own products based on both lab an field tests. My conclusion, in which I have no monetary investment anymore, is that, in the right hands, there are no other bats on the planet that perform better than the 04, 05 and 07 RockeTechs; Bar none.

I repeat the disclaimer, In the right hands.

Ok....

Well I guess my question is what has changed since the 04, 05 and 07 RT in RT technology? Is the 2012-15 models that far inferior?

The 2004 and 2005 were identical in every way except the color. Nobody ever believes me when I say that but many of the 2005 were formed in the same lots as the 2004 and finished in the new model year colors. The 2007 is in my opinion the best RockeTech FP ever built. The design changes improved the durability with only the itty-bittiest change in performance but the biggest improvement was to minimize the "buzz" when contact was off the sweet spot. Great bat!

The 2008 design moved to a different cap configuration and the barrel end collapsed a little more than the previous design. That shrunk and moved the sweet spot toward the hands and deadened the performance toward the end cap. We thinned the walls to get the performance back but lost the durability we gained in the 2007 improvements. This coincided with the certification changes and played nicely into the new requirements.

Some of the 2013 bats were built after I left and I know changes were made to improve the durability without attending to the lost performance. The 2014 and 2015 bats were built in China (as are all new Anderson bats) and I have no idea if the performance or quality were maintained. I haven't been a part of the design and testing process; so, I dunno.
Last edited by Tumblebug on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tumblebug

by GIMNEPIWO » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:36 am

Thanks Tumblebug ... Always enjoyed the information ... As Uno suggested, I wish you tight lines ... If you've never fished for Northen Pike; I saw a buddy catch one with his baited hook 18 inches above the water surface ... LOL
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack" Rudyard Kipling
GIMNEPIWO

by B34R DOWN » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks for all the info... Looks like I am going to have to search for a 2007 RT. :)
B34R DOWN

by PDad » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Well I guess my question is what has changed since the 04, 05 and 07 RT in RT technology? Is the 2012-15 models that far inferior?

The hottest bats were produced prior to the 2008 standard, which is when an accelerated break-in (ABI) process was incorporated into the bat certification testing.

FWIW, I have a pre-ABI 32/22 purple Stealth (SCN6B) that I'd sell.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tumblebug » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:21 pm

B34R DOWN wrote:Thanks for all the info... Looks like I am going to have to search for a 2007 RT. :)

Send me your email address via PM
Tumblebug

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions