Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Scout-softball

What's on your mind?

by Under the Radar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 am

My daughter did it along with 6 or so of her team mates. I liked the idea of it being streamed live for scouts to watch & I also liked how the video link stays up on their site. It was very well run & moved along quite well. I would say if you were going to do it, buy the premium pack vs. the standard. We did the poor mans route, so what you have to do is figure out where on the video your DD is exactly so you can send it to scouts on your own. Then its up to them to move along through the feed to find you. The premium pack they give you a link of just your DD & let you know what scouts are looking at your profile.
Under the Radar
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballDad210 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 am

Wow, I give my thoughts on a service and expirence with them and I get called a " Texas Homer OP". Thanks Catcher's #1 Fan if you are thinking about it than go ahead and do it. My thoughts were nothing but a positive exprience for my DD she got the independant feedback she wanted and also got to see how she comapred head to head vs other kids at her postion and grad year. You're right don't go cheap do the full package it's worth it. Under the Radar has you kid or any of the other you know been accepted into the new program? My DD was accepted and looks forward to the changes she already has us planned out to do 5 of their sessions, AR, TX (2),TN,AZ. She wants to go to those to see how she stacks up other girls rather than just staying here in TX. The CA sessions in Orange County are just to far and overlap her other picks.
210 and Radar hope to see you out there and good luck with your DDs
SoftballDad210

by WhoMe » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Not worth the expense in my book. We did the camps got the invite to the next and then the national and then the all star. Each one was a bigger check but didn't see a whole lot of value.

Not bad people just not a solid ROI in my book.
WhoMe
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:33 pm

SoftballDad210 wrote:Does anyone have any personal exprience with Scout-Softball? It is a camp like On Deck where they do all the independant evaluations,measurements, and filming of the workouts and games for coaches to stream 24/7 365. They seem to run a pretty good evaluation, the fact that they post real game footage along with the skills workouts makes it a cann't miss tool in recruiting. They are changing the format of the program to invite only or players already in their database that they deem worthy. They say it is to allow for more attention to those athletes in the system and provide a better exprience for the coaches and prospective players. We've done the events in the past and were pleased with the results as far as being able to see who has watched the showcase along with who has visited DD's personal page. With that said we have seen some intrest from schools that use this service. My questions remains how much was due to our efforts between all the other showcases,emails, questionaires or was it truly the extra push from this service. The list of schools that use the service and the success rate of the kids in the database seems legit. Any thought???? :D

The explanation of it (see italics above) was unnecessary if you truly wanted to hear from people with personal experience. The underlined portions especially seemed like they were taken from promo materials.

What makes you think the list of schools that use the service and the success rate are legit?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by B34R DOWN » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

B34R DOWN

by Lace » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am

Good experience for the kids. Not going to get you recruited. Probably works for some of the smaller colleges. Not worth the money. Better off attending showcases and camps to get noticed and recruited.
Lace

by CalComets » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Tough Crowd!!

My Daughter went to all 3 events with Mark at Scout! His program is, in my opinion, the best bang for your money. For about a $1200 investment (what I paid Scout Softball for 3 events and the video) I am saving about $160K for a 4 year college education at one of the top Division 1 schools in the country! My Daughter is from California who was seen by an Oklahoma school on the Scout website, they sent her an invite to an Elite camp and then offered her a scholarship to play softball on the spot when we got there!!!! This school is not a "small school" it is ranked in the top 25 of Division 1 softball programs and has been ranked in the top 25 for the last several years. If your daughter is good enough Scout will get her noticed. Her school found her on Scout and we will always be grateful for the service Mark Mulvany provides.
CalComets

by Ed Hill » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm

"Tough Crowd!!

My Daughter went to all 3 events with Mark at Scout! His program is, in my opinion, the best bang for your money. For about a $1200 investment (what I paid Scout Softball for 3 events and the video) I am saving about $160K for a 4 year college education at one of the top Division 1 schools in the country! My Daughter is from California who was seen by an Oklahoma school on the Scout website, they sent her an invite to an Elite camp and then offered her a scholarship to play softball on the spot when we got there!!!! This school is not a "small school" it is ranked in the top 25 of Division 1 softball programs and has been ranked in the top 25 for the last several years. If your daughter is good enough Scout will get her noticed. Her school found her on Scout and we will always be grateful for the service Mark Mulvany provides."

I am not aware of any private universities in Oklahoma that are in the Top 25 of Division 1 softball. Therefore, your daughter must have been offered a scholarship by a state school. First, she must be getting a full ride because you state that you are saving $160K in tuition. Congrats! Second, I am curious as to which state school in Ok. has out of state tuition of $40K/year ($40K/year x 4 years = $160K)? I have some experience with out of state tuition for OSU and mine wasn't near that amount. Maybe things have changed over the past few years. Also, it would be great if you could provide some info on your daughter (year, position, etc.) Based upon the offer that you stated that she received, she sounds likes an impact player that I should be following. I look forward to your response.
Ed Hill

by orange socks » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:47 pm

My guess would be Tulsa. Top 25, D1, OK, expensive, but smallish enrollment numbers.

I am curious about Scout as well, but not sure I want to spend the money unless I have to. You can't argue with the ROI as stated above, if true for CalComets.

If we can get away with spending money only on stamps, stationary, time and sticks for beating my DD into doing the leg work, while getting recruited then that is the way to go. Oh I forgot to include college camps.

Anyone have a good vendor for Beat Down sticks?
orange socks

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions