Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Feedback on Realtime Athletes

What's on your mind?

by Atindell » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Wondering how many are using RTA. My daughter has an account, but I can't tell that it makes a difference or that anyone looks at them. When I go to search the events she is playing (several big invites) they don't show up when you search them.

It was marketed as when a coach shows up to an even he will be able to tell exactly who is there and search for certain attributes and find the field they are on. I may be using it wrong, but I don't see any of that. Thought I would give it a couple of months before going back to a free account.

Has anyone seen any benefit?
Atindell

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:28 pm

My daughter has had an RTA account since it was first advertised on HeyBucket. Quite frankly I haven't been able to tell if it has helped at all and I'm leaning toward saying that it hasn't.

I do know this...when I asked DD's likely college coach this past summer about it, he had never heard of it. He told me that he doesn't use any of them and finds one service's regular emails in particular (not RTA) "annoying".

That said, I really like Bob and Carter over at RTA and wish them all the best in their endeavor and this is just my experience and the view of one coach and should not be regarded as any final say-so on RTA or any other service.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by extiger » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 am

We have been with RTA from day one and I have to say it's been quite the disappointment. I don't understand the point of having access to a recruiting site if you cannot view the colleges that have searched for or viewed your kid's profile.

About 90% of coaches have replied to my daughters emails and phone calls. A lot higher than RTA.
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Atindell » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah it looks like a great concept, but unless college coaches, select coaches and tournament directors participate it is not worth the money IMO.
Atindell

Return to Fastpitch Discussions