Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

Looking for softballs for tee work/soft toss

What's on your mind?

by Bludvl22 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:17 pm

I"m looking for a quality ball for soft toss and tee work to hit into a net. What are some of you all using? Trying not to break the bank. This is for 7-15 year old girls.
Thanks.
Bludvl22

by wild4cats » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Sterling Softballs
wild4cats

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Why do you need a special ball for T work? We just use our regular softballs

...I think they're just looking for a recommendation for balls...not necessarily just t-work...as in buy 'mass quantities of'...

I use whatever we have...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:04 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Why do you need a special ball for T work? We just use our regular softballs

...I think they're just looking for a recommendation for balls...not necessarily just t-work...as in buy 'mass quantities of'...

I use whatever we have...

Bludvl22 wrote:I"m looking for a quality ball for soft toss and tee work to hit into a net.

I guess I misunderstood :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Omsoftball » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Sterling softballs are quality practice and game balls. They're tough and hold up to the frequent abuse. The cover and core haven't broken down to constant use. They don't seem to be bothered by wet conditions either. The best attribute is their lower cost compared to the other popular balls. We use them for 18u and they last. We have several other balls in the buckets and by far they've been the best performers over the past couple years. Our number one go to ball. Try them, you might like them. Good luck.
Omsoftball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Omsoftball wrote:Sterling softballs are quality practice and game balls. They're tough and hold up to the frequent abuse. The cover and core haven't broken down to constant use. They don't seem to be bothered by wet conditions either. The best attribute is their lower cost compared to the other popular balls. We use them for 18u and they last. We have several other balls in the buckets and by far they've been the best performers over the past couple years. Our number one go to ball. Try them, you might like them. Good luck.

So apparently someone coming on and asking about practice balls, then wild4cats signing up and praising Sterling softballs, and finally Omsoftball coming on with his Sterling softball infomercial is just some strange coincidence.
Nice work guys. And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids...
Remind me not to hire you guys if I want to sell something.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:57 am

artomatic wrote:
Omsoftball wrote:Sterling softballs are quality practice and game balls. They're tough and hold up to the frequent abuse. The cover and core haven't broken down to constant use. They don't seem to be bothered by wet conditions either. The best attribute is their lower cost compared to the other popular balls. We use them for 18u and they last. We have several other balls in the buckets and by far they've been the best performers over the past couple years. Our number one go to ball. Try them, you might like them. Good luck.

So apparently someone coming on and asking about practice balls, then wild4cats signing up and praising Sterling softballs, and finally Omsoftball coming on with his Sterling softball infomercial is just some strange coincidence.
Nice work guys. And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids...
Remind me not to hire you guys if I want to sell something.

You smell a rat? Yes, it's the the old "ask the question, have the middle man toss out your product name, then roll in with the sales pitch under the guise of friendly advice". A tried and true HB staple, and well played by the Sterling softball shills. Now that has played out, maybe they should buy an Ad from Uno.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:45 am

Spazsdad wrote:Wild4cats signed up in 2013 and Omsoftball joined in 2010 and has posts on various items. Our crack team of investigators may have jumped the gun a little here

Yea I'd noticed that discrepancy, but I got so excited to pile on and use the word 'guise' in a sentence, that I threw common sense and caution to the wind. My bad.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:59 am

Maybe...but it still sounds like the old Rip It gang from eteamz.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am

artomatic wrote:Maybe...but it still sounds like the old Rip It gang from eteamz.

Absolute verification can be achieved by 'reviews'...I'll PM them my mailing address for a couple dozen to let my kid mash some... :D
2 dozen for BAM2 also
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions