Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

High School Ball Mandatory?

What's on your mind?

by MTR » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:28 am

59Invicta wrote:I am considering having my DD opt out of playing high school ball. Her school does not have a strong program, and we are considering having her use the dark period to pursue other activities that will enhance her recruiting profile in different ways. She plays for an excellent travel organization and I know that the college recruiters use the travel teams to recruit, so, any negatives with this decision? I don't want my DD to miss something that is important, but I get an overall tone on this site that high school ball is something that players have to "recover" from come June :lol:

This is not a bad place to get other perspectives, but no place to determine cause and effect for your specific situation.

To start, you note this was your daughter's idea (in a subsequent post). If she doesn't want to play, why would you force her to play? Yes, you are the parent and should make or help make decisions for your children, but I don't believe this is one of them. Do you really want to put a disinterested player on the field? Obviously, your daughter has other ideas and IMO you should give her ideas more weight than yours.

No matter what others experience, good, bad or ugly, this is a decision that must be made by your daughter and her parents.
MTR

Previous

Return to Fastpitch Discussions