Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NIRVANA Fastpitch Assn

What's on your mind?

by jonriv » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:13 am

Pale rider you are questioning "nirvana" where all is possible and good :D

My thing about the other org " champions" was a chance for nirvana to end all who' s best arguments. The logistics might be difficult, but this is nirvana! I also feel that a champion of even lowly "pony" although probably not likely to win a PGF level championship, would probably fare no worse that some recent invite bids

Sponsorships(this is nirvana) there are a handful of teams out there with pretty good sponsorship deals, just taking it to the next level
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

jonriv wrote:Pale rider you are questioning "nirvana" where all is possible and good :D

My thing about the other org " champions" was a chance for nirvana to end all who' s best arguments. The logistics might be difficult, but this is nirvana! I also feel that a champion of even lowly "pony" although probably not likely to win a PGF level championship, would probably fare no worse that some recent invite bids

Sponsorships(this is nirvana) there are a handful of teams out there with pretty good sponsorship deals, just taking it to the next level

If you find one with a 'pretty good sponsorship' lemme know...A lot of the teams with Team XXXXXXX on their jerseys don't get diddly...or diddly is included in their fee's..It aint all Rainbow Tea and chocolates...Some of those Teams plain lie...

Yes I asked for Nirvana, but lets keep it realistic please...I dont mean 'fantasy, where everyone DOES throw 70...even Rae Rae, bats are dead but everyone hits 250ft bombs...Keep it *real*

Why would a really weak org, want to go play in a Truly competitive National level tourney when most of those teams play where they do for a reason?...be a waste of everyone's time and money...Nirvana doesn't use politicians financing...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 am

The reason many teams play in organizations are the following: inertia,convenience, ignorance.... "Nirvana" would invite winners of the alphabet soup of organizations is to increase their own customer base and to speak undiscovered programs. PR, never underestimate the talent in these organization. Recent PGF finishers Jersey Intensity and RI Thunder are both PONY affiliated organizations. Time and money are worth it when expanding markets(something the government knows nothing about). Nirvana is always looking for new talent and to increase its (quality) membership
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:56 am

jonriv wrote:The reason many teams play in organizations are the following: inertia,convenience, ignorance.... "Nirvana" would invite winners of the alphabet soup of organizations is to increase their own customer base and to speak undiscovered programs. PR, never underestimate the talent in these organization. Recent PGF finishers Jersey Intensity and RI Thunder are both PONY affiliated organizations. Time and money are worth it when expanding markets(something the government knows nothing about). Nirvana is always looking for new talent and to increase its (quality) membership

No no no no...
You still dont understand what I mean...Nirvana IS the org, the ONLY one...Its not about inviting other orgs...There are no other orgs cause due to magnificence Nirvana is 'The ONE'...ASA has a way for each State to send a rep by winning their State ASA Tourney...2 berths I think...That gets them to the ASA thing if they wanna go...Wanna play in The NIRVANA Super WS?..Have to be a part of the Nirvana Org.....Win a berth...
Sorta like the Team USA thing ASA did huh? :roll:

As far Intensity...I know KOD pretty well...cant reach around him 8-) ...But I like him a lot...Seems to be a great guy...truly seems to care about the sport and getting the girls where they need to be...Does he make money...sure...I have no problem whatsoever with that, he provides a realistic product, with great results, and loves what he does...cant fake that...I wish I had that going...More to that than meets the eye also...Hes as aligned with the PGF as anyone
as far as PONY stuff...schedule that tourney the same week as PGF and I promise you...he'll be at PGF......Plays PONY just because its there...just do a check how many times a year he goes to CA... He is also expanding his Org...and I wish him well...even recommended some kids to go to tryouts...
viewtopic.php?f=397&t=67908

And it wont be to play simply PONY...
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm

My post was very much "tongue in cheek," and this reply is not directed at you PR.

I firmly believe that just because a dad has a daughter on the team doesn't mean he can't still be a good coach. I hate when someone automatically says, "kid on the team equals daddy ball." Many times, the manager/coach kid IS one of the most talented kids. Because their dads put in the time and work to help their kid improve, or they are naturally talented, (if my kids where klutzes with 2 left feet and no softball ability, I probably would not have gotten into coaching myself). Of course there is a lot of daddy ball, but that doesn't mean everyone does it. Do some research and observation and you should be able to figure that out before you commit to a team.

To be a successful coach of course, a daddy coach/mgr would have to be a man of character and put the best 9 on the field in crunch (tournament) time. If his daughter is not one of the best 9, she should get her playing time at friendlies, until she (a) improves or (b) quits, just like the other subs.

So onto my version of the Nirvana Softball Association:

There would be a four to six week "off season" for all teams following Nationals. No team workouts, tryouts, etc. until the first week after Labor Day, while these kids get a well earned break to rest and heal. Practice and tryout season begins the day after Labor Day and goes until the last weekend in July. Players begin playing in the age group of whatever age they will be participating in championship play the following summer.

There would be a three to four week "holiday off season" right after the Toys for Tots or other charity tournaments, which must be completed by the 2nd weekend in December. No team workouts, tryouts, etc. while these kids enjoy their holidays. Practice and tryouts begin the first week after New Year's Day.

There would be a one week spring break, to coincide with the school district spring break of the school the majority of the girls attend. No games, team workouts, tryouts, etc. including either the weekend before OR after, while these kids and families enjoy their spring break.

Already mentioned - Stop using the name of an "organizational star coach" to fool some parents into thinking that HE will be coaching their kid. The terms "Using the philosophy of," or "under the guidance of Coach __________, who has won umpteen national championships and sent millions of girls to D1 programs," should be enough to call attention to your team.

Wow, there is so much more - roster size, umpires, must stay, etc. But that will have to come another day. When my long, long, long lost uncle Warren (Buffett) leaves me his billions, I'll start the league. Who's with me? :lol:
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Ok, agreed, rest is important...Your Nats to Sep is basically one (1) month...(Sams gonna kick you someplace it hurts) :D
Gotta balk...we have kids who live in different States, different school districts etc...that wont work...and

Who is gonna 'insure' these rest periods happen?...Gotta pay somebody I reckon ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:29 pm

I am a little confused on this thread. :?
My dd played Nirvana softball. Sure there where some bad times, but those made us appreciate the good times.
In regards to your first post PR. Bathrooms begin cleanI.
I opened a door one time and someone had just bent over and shackled the wall with crap. That was a funny moment.
That was three years ago and it still makes me laugh.
The umpire that had a five second delay on calling balls was priceless.
The jackass dad on the team reminded us of what not to be or to become.
That HS coach that sat my dd for a year, which made her practice more,try harder and she got better.
Driving past the Devil's Naval to get to games located nest to his sweaty ass.
Something we would never have done on our own.
The variety of people, the different attitudes, adversity, learning ect. ect. It was and is all good. Nirvana
The game is perfect, some of the people not so much.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Hare, quite the contrary...You DO understand Nirvana...
It doesn't exist...Is ANY sanctioning body perfect?...
Nope
Can any of them get better? Yep?
But what makes Nirvana for one, may be Hell for someone else...
Note the lack of realistic suggestions?
And as you painted a portrait of what it is...'Warts and all'...

I personally like the game as it is...no 280ft fences, no 40 ft...and as far as kid stuff...Its MY kid, I have the Deed...until shes old enough for me to give it to her...Its my kid...now granted I do look out for her well being and safety, based on MY standards..I (hope) I'm smart enough to make informed decisions...if not, that's why I ask y'all...and the people in the sport who I have met and used their experience as knowledge...as far as my kids ability...that's ALL on her...100%, and I even told one of the BEST coaches in the game..."If my kid sucks...PLEASE tell me and I'll pull the plug on softball, stop on the way home and buy a new Toyota truck and a new ATV and start terrorizing Bambi again....She wants to play ball...not me...so all her work and success is hers...I just found who to ask to get the best (due to performance) to use...Coaches and Parents who've been there, done that...and I have met and made some very great people who I am glad to call a friend...and I hope they feel the same way...in-spite of my *slight* accent...Just cause I talk slow...doesn't mean I'm dumb ;)

Keep in mind, once you start making tons of rules and regs, changing this and changing that, usually just based on someones mild discontent...or a whim...Is that what people want?....its really not fun anymore when people make the sport what THEY think it should be...
Something like...reinventing the wheel?.
Remember, you cant protect people from themselves...as far as named teams, over work etc...They aren't gonna listen...and WHO says WHO is 100% correct on everything pertaining to the game...Who will decide that and its perfect everytime?...AKA: The Commissioner of Nirvana?
There isn't one and I'm thankful for that....

The GAME is perfect...its us that are screwed up sometimes...but isnt that part of the experience? :?:
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 pm

All practices are five minutes from home. All tournaments except nationals are within an hours drive( it is nirvana!)
jonriv

by Sam » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Teams aren't insured to play or practice from id August through December. No Fall.ball. College coaches would support HS teams playing in showcases during the fall. This would reduce overuse injuries , reduce costs for the parents, and showcase girls in actual competitive games.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fastpitch Discussions