Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Fastpitch Discussions

NIRVANA Fastpitch Assn

What's on your mind?

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Based on a post on another Forum (PGF) and seemingly gratuitously worked into most posts... :roll:

If YOU could create a PERFECT Fastpitch Assn....which would make everyone happy happy happy...
I would...

me first...At Huntington Beach...make 3/4th of the Johns, Female only...some guys trajectory skills sucks...(I dont have that issue)
Have butt gaskets available and some sort of clean mat on the ground..like one of the rubber floor mats in shops with holes in them...I .hate to have my clothes on the floor also when nature *really* calls...
ok...Im done :D

How would YOU create the PERFECT FP Softball Assn?...

(NOTE...Don't get your panties in a wad when somebody disagrees with you...cause its NOT like its REALLY going to ever exist..).
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Bueller??? ;)
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 pm

No manager, head coach, or assistant coach, or anyone who has anything to do with a team can have a daughter on the team, or the daughter of a friend on the team, or even the daughter of an acquaintance on team. In fact, everyone on the team must be complete strangers when the team is formed.

;)
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by progapanda » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I think "B' & "C" rec leagues and maybe Little League may have the closest thing to what could work.
progapanda
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:53 pm

progapanda wrote:I think "B' & "C" rec leagues and maybe Little League may have the closest thing to what could work.

Panda person...Travel Ball...Nirvana is a National Sanctioning body...
I know LL is a sanctioning body...well sorta...
Travel ball in PGF, ASA , is unlike the 'league' or REC ball the local stuff LL is...or is supposed to be.

But please keep adding to the NIRVANA Utopian League By Laws......
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 pm

All teams are fully sponsored so there are no travel, registration or equiptment expense
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:32 pm

All stats are updated real time with constant live feed video
jonriv

by 4th & Forever » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 pm

All players are orphans who are not chasing a scholarship
4th & Forever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 am

Championships will be play in a different section of the country but under strict guidelines:

1) Need to be a resort or destination with other things to do(ie ski resort, mountains, beach)
2) Must have weather that would not make you elegible for combat pay.
3) Must be .transport accessible with good frequency(highway,air, rail)
4) organization must use its clout to get below market rates on hotels for family members
5) Food at event must be good and affordable- free ice for coolers for this who ring there own( which will be allowed)
6) All slots to championship must be earned either through qualifier, previous year victory or by winning a rival organizations championship(ie Asa,NSA, pony etc......).
7). Two opening ceremonies. One for the girls with "their" music and then one with real music for the parents
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:49 am

I'm not arguing nor 'dissin' anything...I'm almost done with the TB thing anyway...I just want this sport to grow...and hopefully...Give every girl a shot to play, who wants to play...But you have to make a line between those who are committed and who are involved...Old bacon and egg breakfast thing...
But...'if wishes and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas...
Please take my points as simply my opinion...and please voice your concerns...
But be realistic...
Maybe we can come up with a 'better mouse trap' that a sanctioning body may use...
I don't run any of them...I'm just a retired 'mature' Army mule who really need to find a job...and plus size male dancers aren't in demand...for now :D

Jon, You basically described PGF in SoCal and the CO stuff...
Besides A. motels, ...I understand 'Pay to play', don't necessarily agree with it since all bargain rooms are taken instantly...I do know ASA had HUGE lodging issues...2 teams that I know of checked in, and refused to stay ...checked out and did their own thing.... Ive used a travel agent required by ___ once...she had us staying where a buddy who lived near that town said, I'd probably get to see the Big 3..burglary, rape, and murder...woman at travel agency didn't like it when I asked her about that...Said it was her job to find us accommodations...not research where they were...We didn't use them and nobody noticed...So there is room fro improvement on that...I know the thought process being used, and yes, its profit margin...but there has to be a better way...
B. Ice?...penny ante...Never been challenged about a cooler at PGF...Food there was pretty dang good vs some Ive eaten at...and not wildly over priced like Disney...but I like Disney...
C. I really dont see a Championship from another assn working for 2 reasons...time constraints and quality of play...Pony?...really?...LOL Pony doesn't even exist except obviously in your area... It should be sorta hard to get to PGF...and everybody has a shot...
Opening ceremonies..you're joking correct?...Haven't been one in 3 years...older kids usually dont wanna go anyway...
As far as sponsorship and video...OK, who is gonna pay for all that?....Requiring that level sponsorship...a National tourney would be easy...be only like 4 teams Nationwide, if that. ASA did do a great job IMHO of having all their games online...video wasn't MGM quality but it was good...PGFs televised Championship games were great...have several of them on DVR still...
Not a huge fan of the televised 'All Star' game...

I agree with Spazsdad...just don't know how you'd stop that...Its about $$$$, parents should (?) be smart enough to see thru that...but Im all for fixing it...if it can be fixed...

Aces, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly as hell in Daddy ball...TRUST ME...Know some gents I wouldn't urinate on if they caught on fire...Think along the lines of the TX Cheerleader Mom who wanted to hire the hit man to kill a kid so hers could be a cheerleader ...yes...really.
But its safe to say, if there wasn't Dads Coaching travel ball, this game would have never existed in the 1st place...I know some GREAT Coaches who coached their kids, my kid...some not so much...I think you'd be hard pressed to find any young lady playing in the NCAA who Dad or one of her besties Dads didn't coach her....
And I'm not letting the XX chromosome folks off that hook or without praise either...Know some utterly FANTASTIC Softball Moms...and some not so great ...

Excuse my long reply, but please...everyone post your views...
"Party on Garth" :D
AKA "Thread Killer"

Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Fastpitch Discussions