Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Pale Rider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:07 am

Dugout Dad wrote:
DonnieS wrote:One of the mistakes a dad can make is to tell his daughter, "It would kill me if anything happened to you." Has kept rape victims from reporting the crime.

Exactly, Donnie

Uno, we need a "thumbs up" or "like" button.

Your children need to know they can tell you anything and everything...and ALWAYS know you have their 6...
Right or wrong I have kids 6...If their right, we'll fight together...if they're wrong then I will be their worst nightmare...
But I will still love them...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 am

Pale Rider wrote:But I will still love them...

Yep, that never changes.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Hit&Run wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:I remember college... I remember the countless young women with little or no class. I remember how they would give anything away to be with an athlete. I also remember the over-sexed guys.

JR I teach both my girls to have self respect and my boys honor all women. I'm not worries about mine. I'm worried about the knuckleheads raising kids which are not. End if the day I don't agree "no" means "no". That's an ignorant phrase which takes accountability from these young women!

Do you mean the same way a average joe wanted to date a cheerleader? Would they give anything? I was taught when I was a kid. If I was at the store with my parents and I wanted something I asked once. If they said No. It meant No. And this went for anything. I would still ask in hopes they may change their mind, even if I knew it was a long shot. I would ask sometimes hoping to plant a seed that maybe they would remember later and buy it for me.
When my daughter wanted to wear make up when she was 14. I said No. It meant No. When my youngest daughter wanted to have boyfriend I said No. That meant No. In college I don't remember rape being Ok. Or acceptable. If I asked a girl on a date and she said No. I didn't kidnap and rape her. I respected her wishes and walked away. I figured No meant No. Not maybe. Not Yes. Crazy me.... Who knows where I learned this from?

Do a little research and see the chemical imbalance of Testosterone when he is in that moment. Add in alcohol, anticipation and just plain stupidity then see if you can understand why "no" doesn't always mean "no". I'm gonna get killed for this apology but what happens when a shark senses blood in water? Well it just isn't as easy as friggen make up or a toy at a friggen store.

Now do your homework then come to the board. No one here is condoning rape in any form. We are explaining that young women don't get their cake and your cake too. It's an unreasonable expectation when certain circumstances are on the table.
tbjd33

by PDad » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:I do get tired of the " no means no" crowd, especially when you see how these girls act, dress, and behave.......as if that has nothing to do with it. Nobody is criticizing the victim....but they need to be held accountable for their actions the same way the men have to be held accountable for theirs.

Good call.... When a girl wears provocative clothing and is flirtatious she deserves to be held down and penetrated by a running back..... Thats a great way to hold them accountable....
One word.... Stupid... I can't believe you even wrote this.

The victim's actions, or lack thereof, do not excuse the crime. However, it is naive and dangerous to rely on others to act properly.

Laws do not prevent crimes from happening. They only serve as a deterrent and a means to deal with the perpetrators afterward.

Crime prevention is everyone's responsibility. Smart people reduce the odds of being victims. They lock their doors and don't walk around crime-ridden areas late at night flashing money and valuables. Careful people are unfortunately still victimized despite their best efforts, but the rate is less than if they hadn't taken precautions.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:
Sunshine799 wrote:This is sad.... No means no!
Too drunk to consent is no!
Not sure means no!
Before the act or during the act. No is no!
We need to educated our Daughters as to the dangers that are on campus. But more importantly our sons. This is an epidemic problem. I was expecting more advocacy for the rights of these young women. But I guess you'd all rather brag about batting averages and pitch speed. More of an outcry for August tryouts than women being told to shut up and take it by Campus PD, Administrators and Coaches. Oh wait...let's send all our Daughters to school with a .38...Brilliant.

You are correct. It is always the man's fault.

So Sam it's always the woman's fault???? I guess no fraternity has ever abused anyone,??? News flash- girls SAMs coached will never have overuse issues, but if a guy assaults her she's on her own

A). I am always right.
B). I never said that it is always the girl's fault.

I do get tired of the " no means no" crowd, especially when you see how these girls act, dress, and behave.......as if that has nothing to do with it. Nobody is criticizing the victim....but they need to be held accountable for their actions the same way the men have to be held accountable for theirs.

Any questions?

Good call.... When a girl wears provocative clothing and is flirtatious she deserves to be held down and penetrated by a running back..... Thats a great way to hold them accountable....

You said they deserved it, not me. I am saying that they can't willingly pu themselves in situation like this by dressing like whores, drinking like sailors, and acting like sluts.....and expect that men aren't going to treat them in accordance with their actions. They need to show some semblance of intelligence. If they choose not to act like ladies, it's difficult to feel sorry for them when the men don't act like gentlemen.

You apparently believe that these girls get to act with impunity. That point of view is naive and stupid.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hit&Run » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Sam wrote:
Hit&Run wrote:
Sam wrote:
jonriv wrote:
Sam wrote:
Sunshine799 wrote:This is sad.... No means no!
Too drunk to consent is no!
Not sure means no!
Before the act or during the act. No is no!
We need to educated our Daughters as to the dangers that are on campus. But more importantly our sons. This is an epidemic problem. I was expecting more advocacy for the rights of these young women. But I guess you'd all rather brag about batting averages and pitch speed. More of an outcry for August tryouts than women being told to shut up and take it by Campus PD, Administrators and Coaches. Oh wait...let's send all our Daughters to school with a .38...Brilliant.

You are correct. It is always the man's fault.

So Sam it's always the woman's fault???? I guess no fraternity has ever abused anyone,??? News flash- girls SAMs coached will never have overuse issues, but if a guy assaults her she's on her own

A). I am always right.
B). I never said that it is always the girl's fault.

I do get tired of the " no means no" crowd, especially when you see how these girls act, dress, and behave.......as if that has nothing to do with it. Nobody is criticizing the victim....but they need to be held accountable for their actions the same way the men have to be held accountable for theirs.

Any questions?

You said they deserved it, not me. I am saying that they can't willingly pu themselves in situation like this by dressing like whores, drinking like sailors, and acting like sluts.....and expect that men aren't going to treat them in accordance with their actions. They need to show some semblance of intelligence. If they choose not to act like ladies, it's difficult to feel sorry for them when the men don't act like gentlemen.

You apparently believe that these girls get to act with impunity. That point of view is naive and stupid.

You said these girls need to be "held accountable for their actions". What exactly does that mean? I am a believer that yes they can dress like whores, yes they drink like sailors, yes they can act like sluts and no men don't have the right to rape them even if its "in accordance to their actions".

Now define dress like a whore? Is it stilettos, mini skirts, low cut tops, daisy dukes, stretchy pants, or fish nets? Isn't that subjective. And do the NUMBERS??? NUMBERS??? Show that these items cause rape? Should they be sold with Warning Labels.

Drink like a sailor? Does this mean having a few shots at a bar/club, s a few pints at the game, some mixed drinks, or beer bonging at a frat party till you pass out? I didn't hear anything about the girls in the video being drunk whores? Or drug abusers getting raped by unknown assailants? What do the NUMBERS say? Is alcohol the leading reason why women get raped? Or is it average girls being manipulated by a predator who is seeking some sort of power or display if forcefulness over a woman? You ever see football players at a softball game. Are those girls asking for it? Cause thats where it starts.

Act like a Slut? Winking. a smirk, bending over, playing hard/easy to get, giving out her number, saying yes to a date, going to a room with a boy, laying on her back with her legs spread, and can any of these thing me misinterpreted since this is also very subjective?

Treated in accordance to their actions? I would love to hear this one...

In my opinion the majority of these Rape, assault, misconduct issues aren't due to any of the above things and its not done by a stranger in most cases. It's not testosterone or adrenaline. It's physiological. It's not in the mind of the rapee. It's in the mind of the rapist. It is there right now. There are several young males walking around college campus with a thought process that they have the right, the power, and the means to overpower a woman. Which has nothing to do with clothing, alcohol, how a woman acts, or if he is in a target rich environment. There are many cases for husband raping wives. Did they ask for it? I am sorry for being an ass but it happened to my sister. Yes she drank, yes she dressed to go out and meet guys, yes she went to a room, but for some reason the scratches on her face, the bruises on her body, and the blood dripping from her nose said to me that it wasn't consensual. She liked him. He was popular. She was ashamed of her self for all the reasons above. BS. No one asks for it. He wasn't wearing a sign? There wasn't clues? She didn't know.
Hit&Run

by jonriv » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:34 pm

So of girls dress suggestively and drink a lot they should expect to be attacked???? Welcome to Sam's caliphate!!!!!

No means no, guys can control themselves( blue balls never killed anyone)

Freshman girl goes to frat party, drinks garbage can punch with grain alcohol. Passes out, whole frat has their way with her. According to Sam, frat guys are off the hook since she should have known better

Yes it wise to teach your girls and to be careful of their actions, but the neadathal thinking I seeing here is disturbing, especially coming from the fathers of daughters. To believe that girls dressing and acting like sluts is the cause of an increase in sexual assault reports at colleges is absurd. Is that the reason there has been an increase in reports at service academies??? Obviously those uniforms are just too provacative
jonriv

by Sam » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:40 pm

H&R, feel free to make an argument that isn't made of straw.

JR, the girl getting hammered and gang banged has consequences. Her drunken state allows any jury to mitigate the rapists' actions. It allows them to claim that she was awake and she wanted to have sex with every one of them. That is society's way of holding her accountable for her actions. Now calm the f$ck down.
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Do they gather data on false rape charges?
Its easy to achieve
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Sam wrote:H&R, feel free to make an argument that isn't made of straw.

JR, the girl getting hammered and gang banged has consequences. Her drunken state allows any jury to mitigate the rapists' actions. It allows them to claim that she was awake and she wanted to have sex with every one of them. That is society's way of holding her accountable for her actions. Now calm the f$ck down.

A girl being drunk and passed out is not a mitigating circumstance you sick F***. I guess the 35 Sexual Assault cases at The naval Academy were "just a misstake" You know, "Boys will be boys" So Sam- I guess you are willing to protect their arms, but the hell with the rest of their bodies???
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub