Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Pub

What your daughters don't know about college

Off topic. Home for jokes and other misc. stuff.
Keep it reasonable.

by Sam » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:27 am

One problem is that cops will tell you that well over half of the reported sexual assualts never happened, especially those reported by young ladies. They make up stories to avoid getting into trouble with their parents. It has happened in my family.

I'm not saying that the assaults aren't happening, but I am saying that reported crimes are much different than convictions. There are bad people out there. I would assume that these attacks would be more frequent in colleges, stuffed with slutty liberals getting "free sex" messages from their professors, free contraceptives from their healthcare provider, partying day and night with alcohol, legalized pot, and the drug of the day. Their environment is ripe for abuse. Yet there is still surprise.....

The men, both good and bad, are being placed in a target rich environment.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:03 am

The issue here is not IF rape happens or IF false claims are made. The issue is how it is dealt with or not.

JR I wish young people had value for themselves and other but with today's attitude in our society value for others is all but gone as a whole. No longer is truth a part of life. Now days truth is what each individual believes not the right or wrong which has governed since man became...

Sam makes a valid point and is one people refuse to acknowledge.
Like I said this is a grey issue... Unfortunately!
tbjd33

by jonriv » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:58 am

I think you guys are taking the wrong course on this, big time. Instead of focusing on the handful of girls extorting athletes and the gray areas- focus on this

Tell your daughters to be careful in college. Guys can be a-holes and the propensity increases expedentially when in groups(ie frats, hockey teams etc....). There are date rape drugs and guys that will take advantage of any circumstance. Tell them to always use the buddy system

Remember that the reported assaults are the top of the iceberg
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:59 am

There's so many variables on this subject...painting 100% of them as a 'sexual assault' is ludicrous...
As far as the video...
WTH were some of them thinking?...How did they think that story ended?...'spooning'?

Police involvement?...College admin? Coaches?...way more to those stories than meets the media...
If local (campus) police wont do something...Why weren't the State Police notified?
Was there even a case?...Lots of wrong across the board...

...my .02...Police would be the least of my kids worries...be it my son or my daughter...or their attackers or if they were the attackers...
...make Lorena Bobbitt look like a Disney character...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sunshine799 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

This is sad.... No means no!
Too drunk to consent is no!
Not sure means no!
Before the act or during the act. No is no!
We need to educated our Daughters as to the dangers that are on campus. But more importantly our sons. This is an epidemic problem. I was expecting more advocacy for the rights of these young women. But I guess you'd all rather brag about batting averages and pitch speed. More of an outcry for August tryouts than women being told to shut up and take it by Campus PD, Administrators and Coaches. Oh wait...let's send all our Daughters to school with a .38...Brilliant.
Sunshine799

by Sam » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Sunshine799 wrote:This is sad.... No means no!
Not sure means no!
We need to educated our Daughters as to the dangers that are on campus. But more importantly our sons. This is an epidemic problem. I was expecting more advocacy for the rights of these young women. But I guess you'd all rather brag about batting averages and pitch speed. More of an outcry for August tryouts than women being told to shut up and take it by Campus PD, Administrators and Coaches. Oh wait...let's send all our Daughters to school with a .38...Brilliant.

You are correct. It is always the man's fault.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm

This is not a new issue. Has been has been going on for decades or not longer. Do you remember college?
jonriv

by Pale Rider » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:59 pm

.38 and probably a .22 magnum derringer
No sense even discussing this post...
*Popping smoke*

AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Sam wrote:
Sunshine799 wrote:This is sad.... No means no!
Not sure means no!

You are correct. It is always the man's fault.

So Sam it's always the woman's fault???? I guess no fraternity has ever abused anyone,??? News flash- girls SAMs coached will never have overuse issues, but if a guy assaults her she's on her own
jonriv

by as the world turns » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Another Missouri story. Watch the video, sad.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10323102/university-missouri-officials-did-not-pursue-rape-case-lines-investigation-finds

Here is some advice, tell your daughters to beware of the football and basketball players or whatever high profile sport the school offers. It seems that during the recruitment process, some schools indirectly present the women's sport teams as an additional "benefit" for the players. My kid is not a personal use benefit!

For the West Coast parents thinking about sending their 18 year old daughter 3000 miles away to college, do you really want to be 6-12 hours away? (depending on when you can get airline tickets plus a 6 hour flight) I think kids must go away to college, but why not have them 1 or 2 hours away? JMO
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub